Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beacon, Fair Isaac and Empirica - confused

tag
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Beacon, Fair Isaac and Empirica - confused

This is not in Credit Scoring 101!!

I recently was aproved for a new mortgage (didn't move, didn't need it).  But it gave me all 3 of my credit scores, which were pretty much where I expected. 
EqufaxBeacon
ExperianFairIsaac
TransunionEmpirica

So far, so good.  BUT - below the scores it said:

Here is the range of credit scores for the credit scoring companies above:  Experian Fair Isaac 375 to 900; Beacon - 350-950; Empirica - 300-850.

I thought that "FICO (Aka Classic or BEACON FICO) scores can range from 300 to 850" (from Credit Scoring 101) for a start.

And are the others FICO or FAKO?

And whichever they are, they are the scores my mortgage company is using.

So I am really dazed and confused.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Beacon, Fair Isaac and Empirica - confused

MidnightVoice wrote:
This is not in Credit Scoring 101!!

I recently was aproved for a new mortgage (didn't move, didn't need it).  But it gave me all 3 of my credit scores, which were pretty much where I expected. 
EqufaxBeacon
ExperianFairIsaac
TransunionEmpirica

So far, so good.  BUT - below the scores it said:

Here is the range of credit scores for the credit scoring companies above:  Experian Fair Isaac 375 to 900; Beacon - 350-950; Empirica - 300-850.

I thought that "FICO (Aka Classic or BEACON FICO) scores can range from 300 to 850" (from Credit Scoring 101) for a start.

And are the others FICO or FAKO?

And whichever they are, they are the scores my mortgage company is using.

So I am really dazed and confused.

These are your true FICOs. The ranges listed are incorrect though. Also, don't let the BEACON, EMPIRICA, ect. confuse you.
Message 2 of 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Tuscani wrote:

These are your true FICOs. The ranges listed are incorrect though. Also, don't let the BEACON, EMPIRICA, ect. confuse you.

Thank you - again.  I would rate your post a 5, but....  Smiley Happy

It was the ranges that threw me.  All the rest seemed correct.  But when I called the Mortgage Company they could not explain it.  Should I call them and tell them some guy on a message board knows more than they do?  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

Thank you - again.  I would rate your post a 5, but....  Smiley Happy

It was the ranges that threw me.  All the rest seemed correct.  But when I called the Mortgage Company they could not explain it.  Should I call them and tell them some guy on a message board knows more than they do?  Smiley Very Happy

Yes you should... JK. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.