cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beginning to think CCT isn't really updating my scores...

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Beginning to think CCT isn't really updating my scores...

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to lessen your concerns, I too thought something was wrong with CCT. My EX score has changed once since I started with CCT. It has taken me several months to finally understand why.  I have no baddies. No lates, 100% payment history, $50K in available credit, a PLOC, a car loan at 90% and a small share secured loan that I was trying to optimize numbers with. ie. Revelate's Theorem.

I took an unplanned HP from BoA, had several CLI's above $10K, Util has gone from 1% to 37% to 5% to 15% to 1%. In short, my file has had multiple things occur that several years ago would have triggered a score change.   However, this month, when I looked at score factors, I had an AoA of 3.9 years, accounts with ages like 4.9 years, 1.9 years etc., several inquries at 1.9 years or .9 years, I realized that my scores had just become more stable as the result of my better credit handling habits. But a lot of things are on the cusp of a change. At the end of this month. I'm going to check the accuracy of the score tracker as it 'predicts' a positive swing "if I pay my bills on time" of about 30 points!

I also realized that having a stable score with multiple changes having almost nil impact on my score means my data on my small instaollment loan is moot. Sorry Revelate.

So OP, it might be a good thing with score stability, EX just hasn't had the right triggers for your file. Give it time. 

Actually no, thank you; your datapoint pretty much confirms what I'd thought that installment utilization is aggregate rather than individual tradelines unlike the factor in revolving utilization.

I know it wasn't what you were likely hoping for, but furthering the community's knowledge regarding the FICO algorithm is non-trivial, seriously, thank you.

        
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.