Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being added as an authorized user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being added as an authorized user

I am always seeing on these posts that people are suggesting, to quickly raise your score, get someone to add you as an authorized users to their credit card.
My question is if someone does add you and the CCC did not ask for your social security number how will they know what credit file to add the information to?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was added as an AU, they asked for my SSN. Not eve...

When I was added as an AU, they asked for my SSN. Not every company does. I suppose if you had a common name or something, it might be a problem, but I'm pretty sure they could have found me without my SSN. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized User

I spend a lot of time away from home, so my wife added me as an authorized user on her cards. No SSN was asked, but shure enough, it was on my credit report, and it rasied my score significantly.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny, there was no score change from my being added as a...

Funny, there was no score change from my being added as an AU. It did make a difference in the next credit limit I was granted, though.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for the responses!!   Allegany,  When you we...

Thanks a lot for the responses!!

Allegany,
 When you were added as AU, did you happen to notice how long it took to appear on your credit report? I am asking because I am trying to apply for $100,000 small business loan. The bank told me in order to qualify, without any collateral, my credit score would need to be over a 705. Right now I am at a 680.
Message 5 of 7
babygirl
Established Member

Question on Authorized User

Did this affect your wife credit scores in any way?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't have affected his wife's scores but not all is...

I wouldn't have affected his wife's scores but not all issuers report AUs.  So before being added ask if the issuer reports AUs
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.