Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being removed as AU - help

tag
Suddenlyy
New Contributor

Being removed as AU - help

Hello, I was added as an AU on another persons account for a chase sign up bonus 3 months ago, but i didn't realize that it would go on my credit report since i didnt give them my social, i only gave them my name.

Anyhow, I really want this TL removed from my report, because I dont want a really new account on there hurting my AAOA. It is a 4,000 limit but my util is already at less than 10% so i dont need it for util purposes. 

My question is, if i remove myself as an AU, will it delete from my report COMPLETELY, or will it stay on my report as an account with just 3 months of history on it, thus still hurting my AAOA?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Being removed as AU - help

With Chase and 99% of the lenders out there, removed completely.

Amex is a near lone exception to that.

        
Message 2 of 4
Suddenlyy
New Contributor

thanks, just called to have it done. i didnt even ask, but the CSR proactivley told me that the TL will "stay on your CR but will not update"

but i do trust the advice here more so i said that was fine. hope you're right! haha

Would be a weird situation if it did stay and not update though? right now the balance is 1500/4000, so according to her it would forever stay as showing 1500 owed on that TL?

Message 3 of 4
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

First wait for it show up on your report as "terminated" and then call them up to remove the TL.  My BofA AU tradeline didnt get removed automatically after the card was terminated, I had to call the credit dept.

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.