Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best CC Utilization Strategy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best CC Utilization Strategy

@Anonymous wrote:
Have tried and they won't budge. I refuse to poke the bear with them because it may make it worst. Have researched them here online and read how it made it worst for the person. It ages all off my report in 2019. It is what is.

How could it make it worse?  If all the negative information is already reported, it can't really get worse.  If they had already removed half of it, I could see that being considered poking the bear.  If they won't budge it just means try try again.  I get it though that in 2 years it's gone anyway, so if it's easier for you to just ride out that time and deal with the negatives that's a fine way to go as well.

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called them to ask them a few questions about it and let them know I had ordered my cr. The lady got angry and said, "Are you planning on disputing it!? Because if you do it will just make it worst!" Currently it is only reported on EX. They could verify it and report to all three cr. Again, on Credit Boards forum and here on myfico, I read where people tried to dispute parking tickets with them and their reports were verified and updated to look worst.
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha, I didn't see the part about it only being a negative account on one bureau.  I agree then, let the other 2 bureaus enjoy not having that negative account and let it ride on the third one for another 2 years.

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One still seems like a good option just to get that third card. With scores in the mid to high 600s I cant imagine you would have trouble getting approved for something that they offer. I got approved for a Capital One secured card 2 months after I burned them. They seem to be pretty generous. 

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks but I'm back in the garden for now. Just want to grow with Barclay's for awhile .
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.