Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Site to get Experian Score

tag
Jennifer331
Valued Member

Best Site to get Experian Score

Hello everyone, I am trying to find a reliable site to get my experian credit score.  I currently use premiercreditmanager.com and my score is 548.  I tried creditsesame.com and my score is 608 and quizzle.com shows me a score of 571.  Which score should I refer to for accuracy purposes,

Starting Score: 1.12.2011 EQ 467
Current Score: 5.14.2012 EQ 605 EX 561 TU 622 (Walmart)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
coachb123
Regular Contributor

Re: Best Site to get Experian Score

You can not buy your EX FICO anymore so it's purely a guessing game.  I know for me that Credit Sesame has been +-5 points within what my lenders have pulled for me though.

Message 2 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Jennifer331 wrote:

Hello everyone, I am trying to find a reliable site to get my experian credit score.  I currently use premiercreditmanager.com and my score is 548.  I tried creditsesame.com and my score is 608 and quizzle.com shows me a score of 571.  Which score should I refer to for accuracy purposes,

HI there.

No one has been able to buy their own Experian FICO score since February of 2009. Creditors can pull Experian and also there is a CU (PSECU) in Pennsylvania that supplies that information to it's members only.

Unfortunately none of those sites you listed sells EX FICO scores.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 12
Jennifer331
Valued Member

Thank you, I was only trying to find a company that would get me as close as possibe to what the lnders would see.

Message 4 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

You could always app for a CC with a creditor that always pulls EX.  AMEX is well known to always pull EX, if you are denied they will give your EX FICO.   And also they seem to provide this if you get approved.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 5 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Jennifer331 wrote:

Thank you, I was only trying to find a company that would get me as close as possibe to what the lnders would see.

Trying to compare FICO scores to non-FICO (FAKO) scores is an exercise in futility. A FAKO score could be much higher or lower than a FICO score and there is no formula to convert one to the other.

My advice is to ignore all FAKO scores all the time.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 12
Jennifer331
Valued Member

Thank you for the advice, I guess I will just stick to the scores obtained by the Myfico site.

Message 7 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Jennifer331 wrote:

Thank you for the advice, I guess I will just stick to the scores obtained by the Myfico site.

You can get a TU08 (latest version) score monthly if you have a store card or Discover card through Walmart. There is a credit union (DCU) that provides it's members a monthly EQ score.

Equifax will still sell you a FICO score from their website found here: www.equifax.com/web-myfico-products/

From a BK years ago to:

Message 8 of 12
Jennifer331
Valued Member

Does Myfico offer a TU08 score or no? I also have Truecredit for my Transunion score and Myfico is about 10-15 points higher.

Message 9 of 12
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

myFICO does not offer TU08. It offers TU98. I do not believe Truecredit is a FICO score.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.