Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to monitor scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best way to monitor scores

What is the best way to monitor your FICO scores...not vantage scores. I want the two bureaus that are available. I have been using tc.com to clean up but do not wan to continue to use it once I am done with my last dispute in the next two weeks. I want to be able to see the real deal. 

Also, I am on a deal with tc.com and want to get the REAL scores as economically as I possibly can without too much of an increase over the $10/mth that I am paying to tc.com. 

Thanks.  

Message Edited by ER_Tech on 12-31-2009 05:14 PM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: Best way to monitor scores

This is a good question. The answer depends upon your needs and wants.

I get both my EQ and TU FICOs through myFICO. I have annual enrollments for both ScoreWatch (EQ) and Quarterly Monitoring (TU). I do this because, at least for EQ, I can be notified when my score changes. For TU, I get my scores quarterly. I Googled discounts for both, so I saved some money applying the discounts to the annual fees. If you know you're going to use/want the information, it's cheaper than the monthly plans.

I know me...I know I wouldn't like the feeling of deciding whether to spend the one-time money every time I am curious about my score. I have the annual enrollments, and...for me...that's enough.

I also consider ScoreWatch for EQ to be my main form of credit monitoring. I think credit monitoring is important for everyone, and I've been pleased with ScoreWatch. I know when something hits my EQ report. I know...ScoreWatch doesn't tell me when something hits TU or EX, but I figure I'm pretty well covered. I check each report through annualcreditreport.com each year. I also get free EX reports from Quizzle. I also spread out my disputes. If I am disputing a couple of addresses, for example, I don't do it all at once. I get a free report after each dispute...so I don't utilize that all in one shot.

So, basically I pay the annual enrollments here to get EQ and TU FICOs, and I don't pay for credit monitoring. I'm sure others will have different ways they go about it.

Message 2 of 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Best way to monitor scores

TC or another daily difference/puller would be your best bet even with the FAKO scores.  Once the disputed information is off your report, you can then puchase your TU and EQ scores here.  That would be the best cost effective approach since you are waiting for information to be deleted from your report, not looking at a score changes.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.