cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big FICO Increases on TU & EX--Due to Many Deletions, or Being Added as an AU on a NEW Account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big FICO Increases on TU & EX--Due to Many Deletions, or Being Added as an AU on a NEW Account?

Yesterday I found out that I had a huge increase (64 points) on my TU report, and then last night I checked FICO for both EX and EQ, and EX went up by 53 points and EQ by just 4, all since May 15, which is the last time I bought the scores. Anyways, I am extremely happy as these were big increases for me and I've been diligently working at getting a number of deletions (more on TU and EX obviously).

One question though, my fiance' recently applied for a Home Depot card (he has immaculate credit) about the end of August, and listed me as an authorized user. Now, to my best recollection, they did not even take my SSN--only my name and address, when the appl. was processed. Therefore, I was surprised that it is now reporting on all 3 CRAs. It does list me as Authorized User. Keep in mind here, the ONLY reason I'm an AU is so I can go into Home Depot and buy things if we need them (we're remodelling our bathroom). We didn't do this to help my scores, although I'm wondering if this early on, as it's only been on there since September, if it would boost my scores in any way. My fiance's first payment with Home Depot isn't even until October 16, so obviously no payment history yet.

I really want to think all my work to get my scores up so much was due to the deletions, not this new account. Plus, I know that in 2008, AU will no longer factor into FICO scores.

Any thoughts here?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Big FICO Increases on TU&EX--Due to Many Deletions, or Being Added as an AU on a NEW Acct?

I got on DH's Disc as an AU to get some history on my account. That plus increasing my overall CL increased my score on EQ FICO by 18 points. (temporarily, of course)

You didn't get any improvement in history--if anything it dropped since it's a new account. Unless his card has a whopping CL, and your total CL is comparatively tiny, I think the majority of your increase is due to your hard work--congratulations!

(Sorry, had to do some abbreviating of your msg subject--once the "RE: " appeared, it had too many characters.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, that's what I was really hoping.  I also thought that if it was mostly due to the AU thing, that EQ would have increased significantly also (it's reporting there too), but as I've had fewer deletions on EQ than the other two, it kind of makes sense.  I didn't want an artificially enhanced score because of that.

Thanks again for your response!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.