remharri

Big difference in scores, help

Hello all,

I'm new here and I'm trying to improve and pay down my credit this year so that I can purchase a home by the end of the year.  I have a credit watch thorugh my bank.

I disputed some things on my credit through that site and it's now reporting no negatives. I had about 5 accounts reports 30 and 90 days late and now they are all reporting current.  Yipee!  

Anyway, after those fell off I refreshed my report and my Experian score went from 585 up to 670, I was like whoa!  The othre 2 remained at 590.  Can anyone explain this?  Also, I just pulled my real FICO from here as I understand those are just FAKOs and Equifax is reporting a 611. So many different numbers, it's confusing.

Thanks in advance!

Revelate

Re: Big difference in scores, help

[ Edited ]

Editied as someone can explain better than I the ins and outs, but I'll simply state: don't get worked up over it as it's an incredible challenge to draw anything meaningful from instant-in-time scores, and is much better to look at trends over time.

The scores here (EQ and TU FICO) are much better than the vast majority of other ones you can find elsewhere to estimate actual credit-worthiness; however, take it with a grain of salt regardless - the only scores that matter are the ones the lender pulls when evaluating you for some type of loan or credit extension.

Welcome to the forums regardless :smileyhappy:.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}