Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Cards in FICO Scoring

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Business Cards in FICO Scoring

I opened a business card with Chase over four months ago, and it is not posting to my CR.

I am the sole card owner.

Is it typical that business cards do not post to one's personal CR, even though the card holder is an individual?

Chase is not posting it.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Business Cards in FICO Scoring

It seems to vary wildly from card to card.

There's always a lot of chatter about this on the CC forum. Please post back if you'd like for a mod to move the thread over there.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Robert-

I would say this is typical-

Business cards generaly do not report unless you default.

None of my biz card show on my CR's

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy,

Which business credit cards do you have?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Simply cash, Cap one and Staples,

GeorgiaPeach08 wrote:

Timothy,

Which business credit cards do you have?

Message 5 of 11
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Agree 100% with Timothy. I have CapOne, Staples and Office Depot, none of which report to my personal CR.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Junejer wrote:
Agree 100% with Timothy. I have CapOne, Staples and Office Depot, none of which report to my personal CR.

And again, ditto. My Staples, Dell, Exxon, Nebs, Lowes, or Home Depot cards are not reporting either.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get my Cap One bs card listed on my cr? It has a 5000$ credit limit and that limit has been paid off twice now - My personal one with them only has 1700 and they will not increase the limit now even though its been paid off since november.

I figure if it shows this gal is worth nearly 6000 in credit to Cap One - it will help with fico. debt ratio   -- no?

do I submitt the account number to Equifax and the rest and ask them to list it?

Will they?

Message 8 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Richalien wrote:

How do I get my Cap One bs card listed on my cr? It has a 5000$ credit limit and that limit has been paid off twice now - My personal one with them only has 1700 and they will not increase the limit now even though its been paid off since november.

I figure if it shows this gal is worth nearly 6000 in credit to Cap One - it will help with fico. debt ratio   -- no?

do I submitt the account number to Equifax and the rest and ask them to list it?

Will they?

No, CapOne won't report biz cards. CapOne would be the one who would have to report the info to the CRAs.
Message 9 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

I used to have a BofA travel card from civil sevice and didn't show up on my credit report.  LOL I wish my other BofA card didnt as well.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.