Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Buying my first home...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Buying my first home...

Pay for Delete... Sign up for TC $14.95 month (free for the first month) and you'll see all three CRs every day, so you can monitor the progress. When the CC balances update. You can pull the MyFICO (Yes they cost $16 EVERY TIME)

Rob
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

When one or two OLD collections are removed successfully pull MyFICO..

Rob
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

juicy97 wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but what is the PFD strategy?  Also I have a question, if I purchase the other 2 scores for 15.95 each, do I always have access to them after this, or will I have to purchase them again each time I want to view them?

You can see them for 30 days after purchase, but your goal is to make changes ASAP so you may need to buy a couple over the course...

Take a look at this link from another thread... Successes are common here!Smiley Happy

Rob

Message Edited by FICO_Focused on 07-27-2007 07:21 PM
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Someone told me just to start writing dispute letters on everything?  does that work?  Also, Pay for deletion, means just pay off the debt or is this a service?

About the collections, I had a moment of panic for a minute when I couldn't find my list of collections but here they are:

Student loan - $926 - last reviewed 2001
Charged off CC - $905 last reviewed 2007 (date opened 2001, will they keep reporting this every year?)
Medical collection - $461 last reviewed 2007 (date opened 2005)
Medical collection - $345 last reviewed 2007 (date opened 2001)
Direct TV collection - $147 last reviewed 2005 (date opened 2005, paying this off this week)
Medical collection - $140 last reviewed 2005 (date opened 2005, paid this2 or 3 days ago)

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

juicy97 wrote:
Someone told me just to start writing dispute letters on everything?  does that work?  Also, Pay for deletion, means just pay off the debt or is this a service?

Pay for delete is the fastest way to get the TL removed, However since you have a couple of months you may want to check for ANY INNACCURACIES on your CRs and when you find something dispute. There are multiple stpes in this process that can help you to accomplish your goals...

I'm suggesting PFD since you seem to need to nicrease your scores rapidly. PFD requires a call or letter to the CA requesting that they delete the TL from your CRs if you pay the entire balance. They MUST agree to it in writing in the form of Fax or letter prior to paying the debt.

Rob

Message Edited by FICO_Focused on 07-27-2007 07:33 PM
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have all 3 of my scores, I got them from my mortgage lender with all of my paperwork. 

Well, this is what I have

Equifaxbeacon  598
Fair Isaac 581
Ficoriskscoreclassic 595

I'll be honest, I can only pay the one for $147 right now.  Not the other ones
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, what's a TL and a GW letter??
Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

juicy97 wrote:

I'll be honest, I can only pay the one for $147 right now.  Not the other ones

Start there... One step at a time and you'll see results. Better than the ARM the lender talked with you about I bet. OR the high interest Fixed rate alternative.

Rob
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

juicy97 wrote:
Also, what's a TL and a GW letter??

TL + Trade Line (item on Credit report)

Good Will Letter is better used to have late payments removed from CR

Rob
Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just signed up for truecredit.com.

My scores are

TU 599
Experian 525
Equifax 570

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.