Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC Utilization ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC Utilization ??

My husband has me as an authorized user on one of his CC. He has a clean payment history and a CL of 4000. The only bad thing is he has the balance at 3000. I have no credit card debit, so his cc uti is killling my score. Do you think that if i have him remove me as a user that it will kill my score or help it considering i have 0 cc debit and my uti would be 0%.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: CC Utilization ??

Yes, 75% util is very high and lowering your score.  It could also make you a target for AA.  0% CC util lowers my EQ score a little but raises my TU a lot.  You could always let $1 on your CC report if you loose points.  If DH's account is your oldest TL, you could loose some points for AAoA going down.  If so you could always add it back.  IMHO you need to get DH to lower his util since it is hurting his score as well.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CC Utilization ??

To add, I'd bet you'd lose many points not only due to the history (if applicable), but your mix of credit would take a beating.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.