cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CC reported balance before statement date & my fico score dropped!!!

tag
getahead
Regular Contributor

Re: CC reported balance before statement date & my fico score dropped!!!

there was only that 1 state lien on my EQ, which they deleted & 1 30 day late on my cc 1.5yrs ago.  How far in advance shall i not app for any cards, my last app was on 1/5/12.  I'm planning on buying a home in July/Aug & don't plan on app'ing anymore.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: Fico EQ-679, Fico TU-670, EX Plus-713, TU Walmart-697, CreditKarma-690
Goal Score: 700 Club

Message 11 of 16
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@getahead wrote:

there was only that 1 state lien on my EQ, which they deleted & 1 30 day late on my cc 1.5yrs ago.  How far in advance shall i not app for any cards, my last app was on 1/5/12.  I'm planning on buying a home in July/Aug & don't plan on app'ing anymore.

I have seen advice not to apply for any new credit from 6-12 months before the mortgage process is started. I think your plan not to apply anymore is an excellent one!

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 12 of 16
Duke-of-Earl
Regular Contributor

@getahead wrote:

Has anyone had their CCC report a balance before the statement date?  My next statement date is 1/10/12 & I received a SW alert stating my balance on my CC & it dropped my score 53pts!! I'm so upset, because I normally pay it off before the statement cuts but used it heavily this past momth, I just PIF but it didn't report yet.  WTH? anyone had the same experience?

Happened to me twice, an unexpected mid-cycle report, both times on a BofA CC.  I usually pay off the balance before the billing cycle closes, like you do, and it did screw that up for me.  But as others have suggested, it went back to normal at the expected normal statement closing.

I called CS each time, got escalated a few stages, finally found someone who knew what I was talking about.  Same reason as what GregB reported: major upgrade (trying to simulate the CS honcho's breathless tone) to their software.

Starting Score: EQ 804 - (April 2009)
Upgraded thanks to FICO Forums: EQ 813 / EX 842 / TU 823 - (FICO scores from mortgage lenders, June 2010)
Recent Scores: EQ 807 / TU 799 - (March 2012)
Goal: Survive Another Day
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 16
IPersist
Established Member

It has happened to me twice as well both cases by BoA 1 was sometime in september of last year when I was looking for mortgage and the other was just last week. The first time around I called them and they went round and round. They did update it to reflect my current balance as they won't go back to my older balance so once you have it paid to where you want it you can always call them and dispute it. i.e if BoA is the culprit

Starting Score: EQ: 611 TU: 702 EX: ???
Current Score: EQ: 691 TU: 687 EX: 739(Amex) 709(PSECU unchanged since may)
Goal Score: EQ: 760 TU: 760 EX: 760

Message 14 of 16
getahead
Regular Contributor

I'm still waiting for the Cap1 to report my new balance so I can see the increase in score, I really hope this is what caused my score to drop a mere 53pts! Smiley Frustrated   I also PIF my sam's club credit & Walmart card, crossing fingers.

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: Fico EQ-679, Fico TU-670, EX Plus-713, TU Walmart-697, CreditKarma-690
Goal Score: 700 Club

Message 15 of 16
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

@getahead wrote:

I'm still waiting for the Cap1 to report my new balance so I can see the increase in score, I really hope this is what caused my score to drop a mere 53pts! 

53 points???  How much did it change your utilization???????  Geezus.........

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.