Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCT Error

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT Error

So trying to sign up for CreditCheckTotal and got this error;

Experian.com is committed to protecting your personal information. We utilize a thorough identity verification system because your security is important to us. Unfortunately, we have not been able to properly identify you from the information you provided. Please note that your order has been cancelled. Your credit card has not been charged.

The first attempt, asked me to verify 3 questions that had nothing to do with my credit profile. Then this popped up, now I get no questions, only this response. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Regular Contributor

Re: CCT Error

Did you answer none of the above to the questions and are you sure they had nothing to do with your credit data?

There’s an address on my credit reports where I never lived but if it comes up in those verification questions I need to check that I lived there because the CRAs report that it was once my address.

I suggest waiting a day and maybe using a different pc or clear your cookies and try again.
Fico 8 Scores
7/2020: EQ - 842; TU - 832; EX - 848
10/2017: EQ - 823; TU - 835; EX - 824
05/2016: EQ - 712; TU - 706; EX - 710
11/2015: EQ - 694; TU - 651; EX - 653
5/2015: EQ - 670
5/2014: EQ - 653
11/2013: EQ - 645
05/2013: EQ - 656
11/2012: EQ - 646

Eight CCs ($179,500 CL, 0%-1% UTIL)
AoOA = 18.6 years, AAoA = 60 mos., AoYA = 18 mos.
One mortgage, one HELOC, no car loans.
Derogs from 2009 and 2010 now gone after 7 years. I started paying attention to credit scores in about 2014. It's taken a few years but credit scores are now good after starting in the high 500s back in 2011

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If all 3 questions had nothing to do with your credit profile, it suggests to me that it was looking at a different credit profile than yours for whatever reason.  If that's the case, being able to verify your identity would be a near impossibility.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried again today, my SSN must be flagged with EX now. Wonder if that will effect my 3B or other soft pulls. Going to try and call CCT when their open.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well tried to pull my reports from annualcreditreport.com and all three said that my report is not available online. What would cause this? I did some recent GW request, of which one place an account in "dispute" status. Would that have something to do with it?

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the other issue may be this.. I have the billing address for some accounts at my stateside address where my wife is, and others at my overseas APO where I am. Maybe that is confusing the verification system? CCT only asked for one address, and I've tried both though.

Message 6 of 12
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If all 3 questions had nothing to do with your credit profile, it suggests to me that it was looking at a different credit profile than yours for whatever reason.  If that's the case, being able to verify your identity would be a near impossibility.

Not necessarily if "none of the above" is given as an option. I've had one or two times where this has happened to me, and the verification went through just fine. I was definitely spooked though. 

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suppose that's possible.  I've personally never answered "none of the above" more than once when going through 3-5 verification questions.  If all of them were "none of the above" I'd probably question whether or not it was really considering my profile.  Of course, if verification then went through, it would have been.

Message 8 of 12
BM3
Regular Contributor

did you solve this, i have the same issue.  Two of the 4 questions i had, had nothing to do with me and there was no "none of the above" which was puzzling.

so now what? 

i went to identityq, got that, then came here to find out its fako. Who else pulls fico for $1? 

Message 9 of 12
BM3
Regular Contributor

bump. talked to experian, they apparently own cct. they said "try in 1-3 days". trying a week later, same issue. 

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.