Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCU reporting

tag
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

CCU reporting

If i have a CC with a line of $6000 and i have Utililization up to 9% which is ideal and that reports to the 3 Agencies does it have the same affect on your score as reporting $1 to say $20 every month on the same card?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CCU reporting

This is a YMMV moment, IMO. Obviously it would depends on your other CCs and balances, but if this is your only card you may want to experiment with $0, $100, $200, and so on. Some have reported a "sweet spot" within their utilization and seems to vary from person to person.
Message 2 of 5
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

If $0 gets reported that will ding your score won't it ?
Message 3 of 5
joeblow2
Regular Contributor

This is also assuming you have other CC reporting $0 and only using this one so a balance gets reported. I also have 2 other motgage accounts gettitng reported so i have a mix
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You'd have to play around with the balances and pull your FICO score to see the changes. Ideally, you want 1/2 reporting $0 and the other 1/2 reporting a balance of 9% or less. If I got it to that baseline, then I personally would experiment w/ 1 reporting a balance, then 2 , 3, etc. based on the number of CCs reporting now all the way up to 1/2. And based on the higher score, I'd then tweak it to 1%, 2%, 3%, etc. just to see which levels produced the highest score. It really boils down to a few points extra, but every little bit helps. In short, there is no hard rule on this. YMMV.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.