Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCs hitting the 1 YR mark

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

CCs hitting the 1 YR mark

I have 5 CCs. 3 of them hit 1 YR in June 2014, 1 hits 1 YR in July 2014.

Question: Can I anticipate a bump when the first ones turn 1 yo (in June) OR does the bump happen when the newest one turns 1 YR (in this case July)?

Inquiring minds want to know....Robot Very Happy

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: CCs hitting the 1 YR mark

1.  You may have hard pulls disappearing, along with short-term negative effects of new TLs.

2.  Maybe milestones re AAoA and oldest TL and so on.

3.  You might try this Google search:

site:myfico.com one year mark

4.  This thread is someone's attempt to guess what the FICO buckets are, and there is some interesting information here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/FICO-Scoring-Buckets-or-quot-Scorecards-q...

Message 2 of 7
blondy250
Established Contributor

You may see a few point bump with your inquiries reaching a year, but Aaoa really doesn't work that way.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 3 of 7
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@user5387 wrote:

1.  You may have hard pulls disappearing, along with short-term negative effects of new TLs.

2.  Maybe milestones re AAoA and oldest TL and so on.

3.  You might try this Google search:

site:myfico.com one year mark

4.  This thread is someone's attempt to guess what the FICO buckets are, and there is some interesting information here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/FICO-Scoring-Buckets-or-quot-Scorecards-q...

Thank you! This is interesting indeed.

Message 4 of 7
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@blondy250 wrote:

You may see a few point bump with your inquiries reaching a year, but Aaoa really doesn't work that way.

Thanks for feedback

Message 5 of 7
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

I have two CCs along with their accompanied INQs that reach one year in a few weeks.  I will report back and let you know how it affected my particular scores.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 6 of 7
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

I have two CCs along with their accompanied INQs that reach one year in a few weeks.  I will report back and let you know how it affected my particular scores.

PERFECT! Thank you.

P.S. I'll be waiting with bated breath.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.