Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITI AAdvantage Platinum Utilization Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not trying to steal the thread but have a question in the same category.

How would a charge card style, or a card that has a limit but doesn't report factor into UTIL?

Have 7 cards, out of the 7 I have one that has a limit, but doesn't report limit it is CITI AAdvantage Plat. Balance 2075/2500. 83% UTIL.

0/500

0/500

0/750

0/1000

0/1400

475/1500 (As of today is 22.40/1500 UTIL 1%)= new balance hasn't hit report

2075/2500 (As of today 1875/2500)=new balance hasn't hit report

Overall UTIL 8%(It doesn't seem as if that CITI card is factored as my over UTIL is 8% for my FICO)=new UTIL when balance hits 2% (not factoring in CITI).

To the UTIL GURUS, how does this affect my FICO score, and UTIL. When I pull my report (in the overview of the report) it said UTIL 45% because the balance of the CITI card is factored, but not the limit.

When I go to understanding my FICO score UTIL is 8%, (as the card nor the balance is factored) I know that it reads like this on purpose, that is not what I am concerned about.

My question is, how is this card not being factored in, but have a large balance affecting my FICO is I were to pay if off, and have it report 0% since it isn't factored into the FICO UTIL? Will this affect my score or only pure DTI only? I would like to know if a score 10-15 point gain is going to happen or more like 4-5 points when I 0 this card.

Thanks in advance

FICO scores: May 2010 TU: 678 EQ:632

July 2010  TU: 731 EQ: 732

Aug 2010 TU: Not pulled EQ:753

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Hi yesme!

I'm going to move your post and create a new thread for you. I want your post to receive the attention it deserves and not have it lost in the middle of this thread. 

--fused, myfico moderator

Message 2 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CITI AAdvantage Platinum Utilization Questions

Is your CITI Advantage Platinum card a "World Master Card"?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for moving the thread!

To answer your question, yes it is a World Master Card. Allows me to go over the limit, but must pay off the over limit amount off by the due date.

Do you have any experience with this type of card, and what it does to your FICO?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I have a CITI Dividend World Master Card and it does NOT factor in FICO utilization scoring calculations. It only factors in FICO length of credit and AAoA (average age of accounts) calculations. The same will apply to your card so long as the following holds true.

Check your reports at annualcreditreport (some times its free) and look at how your CITI World card is reporting. If your card is not reporting a CL AND a high balance, your card will not factor in FICO util scoring calculations. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so after pulling my free reports,

The only one that reports a high balance but not a CL is EX. TU and EQ both say NA in both categories.

So would paying this card to 0 bal have any affect on the FICO score if I pay if off next month or not and let it report 0, other then AAoA, and Length for one additional month?

You would think paying down 2k in debt would do a score good, but could it have 0 weight on the score?

Message 6 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so after pulling my free reports,

The only one that reports a high balance but not a CL is EX. TU and EQ both say NA in both categories. 

That is odd. Keep track of your EX report to see if the high balance stops reporting.

So would paying this card to 0 bal have any affect on the FICO score if I pay if off next month or not and let it report 0, other then AAoA, and Length for one additional month?

Since your card is still factoring in on FICO EX util scoring calculations, you "might" very well see your FICO EX score go up. For scoring purposes, I only let one CC report a very small balance. If you choose to do the same, make sure the CC that reports a balance factors in FICO util scoring calculations on all three reports.

You would think paying down 2k in debt would do a score good, but could it have 0 weight on the score?

See above!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So let me see if I have this, if on the free report (seems to be standard format) it reports a high balance, but not a CL it is factored into UTIL still, or only if both High Balance and a CL is reported?

Sorry, UTIL isn't my strong subject here, it baffles me still.

Thanks Fused

Message 8 of 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You're Welcome!

Yes! FICO first looks at the CL, if there is no CL reporting, then it looks to the high balance. If both are not reporting, a card will not factor in FICO util calculations. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.