Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CK, CS scores

tag
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

CK, CS scores

In general, I understand that the "free scores" are really just good for trending, but I was curious as to how close they were to actual fico scores. Ie creditkarma's transrisk score vs TU fico score, or creditsesame's score vs EX fico score. Thank you!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CK, CS scores

@Crossdivided wrote:
In general, I understand that the "free scores" are really just good for trending, but I was curious as to how close they were to actual fico scores. Ie creditkarma's transrisk score vs TU fico score, or creditsesame's score vs EX fico score. Thank you!

They're not very good for trending because your FICO can increase and FAKO decrease for the exact same thing. Difference? Factor in +/- 100 pts. IME, I've had some FAKOs be spot on one month and 100 off another month. Sometimes my FAKO is higher. Sometimes lower. My biggest recorded difference was 225 pts when both were compared the exact same day from the same CRA.

Message 2 of 3
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: CK, CS scores

In general -- for most people -- they're close or at least moderately close. Maybe within 10-20 points either way. I've usually found mine to be within 5 points of real FICOs. But occasionally they can be so far off they're not even in the same reality as real FICO scores. People have reported them being 50-100 points higher or lower.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.