Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CL Reporting

tag
AtmyOffice
Regular Contributor

CL Reporting

I have a Citi CC. Balance is $4600. CL is $16,000.00

It is currently reporting as Balance $4600. CL is $0. It is KILLING my usage. Spoke to Citi CSR they say I need to dispute with CRAs because of the payment arrangement on the account they will not report a CL. How to fix? I've never disputed with CRAs so I don't know what the process is, I can certainly research it, but I want to make sure I'm taking it to the right people.

Thanks!

2/2011
Experian: 658
Equifax: 653
Transunion: 670
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CL Reporting

What kind of card is it? Signature?
Message 2 of 7
AtmyOffice
Regular Contributor

It's a Citi AAdvantage Master Card. The CSR says this accounts should be reporting as CLOSED with a balance (I know, no good) -- but right now it's reporting as OPEN CL $0 Balance $4600 and derogatory even though there are no reported lates. The notes indicate "client under payment arrangement"

Will a dispute with CRAs make them report a CL? I read somewhere else here that this type of Citi product doesn't report a CL. 

The thing is, I've lowered the balance on this account from $17000 to only $4600, I'm scheduled to pay it off by Sept and there is not a real effect on CRs or score because they refuse to report a CL. So even though I've crawled up on score a tiny bit because the number is not so horrible anymore...the fact is it could be better if they reported all the info.

2/2011
Message 3 of 7
AtmyOffice
Regular Contributor

As my luck is, the Citi statement for this month just arrived in the mail. Upon opening - sure enough - CREDIT LIMIT $16200. Also reporting like that in my online Citi account. I promptly disputed with equifax, printed the forms to dispute with transunion and will dispute with experian -- by attaching a copy of the statement from the OC.
2/2011
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being that Citibank does not report credit lines on some of the credit card products, which has annoyed me also, I would like to know the outcome of your efforts.
Message 5 of 7
AtmyOffice
Regular Contributor

I'll be happy to report back when I hear. Since transunion doesnt offer a good way of disputing credit limits online, I'm gonna have to do it in writing. It will give me the opportunity to attach a copy of the statement where they publish the CL.
2/2011
Message 6 of 7
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

This discussion is open in two places. You might want to combine them.

4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.