Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Denial vs Auto CLI

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

CLI Denial vs Auto CLI

On May 17, I requested a CLI from Citi and was denied.  A week later, on May 23, I received an Auto CLI for Barclay in the amount of $2000, which a little more than doubled my limit that card.  The reason for denail given by Citi was Util.  The only time I requested a CLI from Barclay was about a year ago and that was denied for similar reasons.  My util has improved over the year, but would've only slightly improved between my recent Citi denial and the date that Barclay reviewed my account.  I'm not looking for any CLIs that initiate any time soon, but i'm just curious...which of these is a better indicator of where my score stands... the Citi denial or the successful account review by Barclay?  Or is that something that could really go either way?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLI Denial vs Auto CLI

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:

On May 17, I requested a CLI from Citi and was denied.  A week later, on May 23, I received an Auto CLI for Barclay in the amount of $2000, which a little more than doubled my limit that card.  The reason for denail given by Citi was Util.  The only time I requested a CLI from Barclay was about a year ago and that was denied for similar reasons.  My util has improved over the year, but would've only slightly improved between my recent Citi denial and the date that Barclay reviewed my account.  I'm not looking for any CLIs that initiate any time soon, but i'm just curious...which of these is a better indicator of where my score stands... the Citi denial or the successful account review by Barclay?  Or is that something that could really go either way?

It can go either way because both CCCs have their own standards and criteria and probably each pulled a different report.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.