Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI WITH HBSC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI WITH HBSC

I have two cc's from HBSC. Visa and Mastercard with small limits which I have never exceeded and always pay on time and more than the minimum. Both were obtained in December of 2005. As stated in a previous post, I have never received an increase from them though they check my scores every month. I called them yesterday (and several times a month or so ago). The rep I spoke to verified that I have a perfect record with them and offered to raise my limit by $100 if I agreed to pay $15 which would be billed to my credit card. I declined the offer. Is this normal practice?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CLI WITH HBSC

ObsessedwithmyFico wrote:
I have two cc's from HBSC. Visa and Mastercard with small limits which I have never exceeded and always pay on time and more than the minimum. Both were obtained in December of 2005. As stated in a previous post, I have never received an increase from them though they check my scores every month. I called them yesterday (and several times a month or so ago). The rep I spoke to verified that I have a perfect record with them and offered to raise my limit by $100 if I agreed to pay $15 which would be billed to my credit card. I declined the offer. Is this normal practice?

You have a perfect payment history with them, that is great!  I would think they would offer you more.  Do you know your FICO scores.  Are your reports free of dergos?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really only know one score which I got from equifax this am...It is 632...My wamucards gave me a score of 662. I have one derog which I am working on with sprintpcs (dang cell phone companies)..That is all...Although, I know my scores are lower than they should be because of util...I am working that down....
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ObsessedwithmyFico wrote:
The rep I spoke to verified that I have a perfect record with them and offered to raise my limit by $100 if I agreed to pay $15 which would be billed to my credit card. I declined the offer. Is this normal practice?

Some subprime cards do charge a fee for a CLI.  If you really want it and you have a perfect record, why not ask for a higher limit, and ask them to waive the fee?  Anything's worth a try.

As for "normal practice" ... read the fine print in your CC agreement. 
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, I think I will follow advice I have read in the forum and pay them both down to about $10 and let it go at that. I don't really need them as I have others with higher limits that are older.  I only asked them to increase my available credit and thus decrease my utilization.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.