cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI - does inquiry appear if u call and ask for increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI - does inquiry appear if u call and ask for increase?

Just curious....will an inquiry appear on CR if you call and request a cli?  I have 3 cards that say the automatically review credit for cli but only 1 has done it automatically.  They all have low limits ($600-$500 limits).  If I call to inquire will this hurt my credit score?  Don't want too many dings on my record.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI - does inquiry appear if u call and ask for increase?

Each lender is different.  Ask if they will do a hard pull for a CLI request.  If so it will show but depending on your recent request for credit it probably won't hurt much.  Some will go ahead and offer or pull soft only it varies by creditor.  I would personally wait til that new limit shows up on the bureaus from the new card.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call and yes they will pull a fresh report so you might incur a slight ding, I just had 3 inquiries and took 2 pt ding. was worth it as i got 2 out of the 3 approved.Smiley Surprised
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

dekrist wrote:
You can call and yes they will pull a fresh report so you might incur a slight ding, I just had 3 inquiries and took 2 pt ding. was worth it as i got 2 out of the 3 approved.Smiley Surprised

Congrats on the CLIs Smiley Happy , but don't assume the ding was a result of the inquiries.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tks.  your right I shouldn't assume anything as far as scoring goes.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks dekrist....got 2 for 2 cli's...Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats!
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotta call one back tomorrow...Gave them wrong gross monthly income....ummm kinda forgot I get paid TWICE a month Smiley Mad  Blame it on it's Monday and a sunny day....hahaha.  Will stick with cli got today and not go for another one.  Just gonna make sure they have right goss income.

Message Edited by fiskite on 05-07-2007 04:46 PM
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I switched from an AmEx charge card to an AmEx Blue credit card, and when they asked my income I said I preferred not to provide that information.  I was surprised when they accepted that!
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.