Frequent Contributor
HYPASS33

CO Becomes Less Impact?

When does a CO start to have a less impact on your score? Paid CO if it even matters.
pizzadude

Re: CO Becomes Less Impact?

Moving to understanding FICO scoring
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
guiness56

A CO, paid or not, is still a major derogatory.  Though the impact fades over time, there will still be an impact for close to 7 years.

Frequent Contributor
HYPASS33

The last deliquent on CO was in 2010 but I paid it Feb of this year so does time of impact start from 2010 or Feb of this year??
guiness56

Contributor
samdubs

I have researched this CO thing a lot on these boards and other forums. No one really knows which is very confusing. All I ever see is the fact it will remain for 7 years and then fall off at 7.5 max. The whole squirrely thing is the counting of how the dates are 30,60,90,120.150 etc and for each of those we get dinged. The 30 fades fast, the 60 a bit slower, but we get hard on the score for the other dates when it all on the same account that went into a CO status. It confuses the consumer that is for sure.

I have definitely improved my scores from 544 to what it is now from all the help on these boards.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+