cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONFIRMED, Equifax is a bunch of idiots.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CONFIRMED, Equifax is a bunch of idiots.

Hello all,
  I have been trying to get Equifax to update my information for over a month now (for Jan, Feb, March) I contact them, they send me one of their prepared letters they already have and after 5 tries none of them address the problem. Every time I try, I get a different response that goes further and further from the problem at hand.

Very simple: you get info from my accounts and you have 30 days to update my info and/or score.

They have not updated my info since January 11 2008. I have a current report from myfico from 04/04/08 and I have proof my accounts have reported Feb and March.

Either they send this info out because they do not know any better or they simply do not know what they are doing, or they are directed to answer with idiotic responses.

SAD they control our lives and we have no recourse what so ever. The FTC could care less. All they do is take a report and file away.

I am sure quite a few people feel the same way.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CONFIRMED, Equifax is a bunch of idiots.

Try faxing your request to 888-729-0083
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CONFIRMED, Equifax is a bunch of idiots.

I had a dispute on my credit report, turned out to be a false negative.
After the dispute trans and exp updated the report immediately after they could not verify the facts from the agency. Eqx who admitted the item should be removed said it would take 45 days.
this didn't make sense to me since trans and exp updated immediately.
I asked to speak with a supervisor who told me the same thing, then asked to speak the their boss and told them I was applying for a mortgage and needed the negative info removed immediately. She put me on hold then came back and told me ok they will be removing it, next report it should be gone.

Never give up, never surrender.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.