Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR Balance goes down and so does my FICO score Really

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CR Balance goes down and so does my FICO score Really

I got an alert today that my balance on my amazon store card decreased by $60.00 to $346 and that my EQ score dropped 11pts my CL is over 2K. Really, whats up with that. Has anyone had any similar experiences?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: CR Balance goes down and so does my FICO score Really

@Anonymous wrote:

I got an alert today that my balance on my amazon store card decreased by $60.00 to $346 and that my EQ score dropped 11pts my CL is over 2K. Really, whats up with that. Has anyone had any similar experiences?

That small of a balance change is fairly unlikely to change your score one way or another, and almost definitely not 11 points.

There's something else that caused it.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The triggar for alerts isn't always the actual reason for a score chagne.  Something else has probably changed as well.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure what else it can be. I haven't added any new accounts and I dont have any new collections. I'm at a lost.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just ran into a similar situation myself. I paid off credit card balances and the score on EQ jumped 8 points and my Trans went down 3 points and my Exp went down 7 ponts. I am somewhat confused about this as well. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.