Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CS not moving. What gives?

tag
Freakshow77
Valued Member

CS not moving. What gives?

I have managed to get my score up to a 652 but hasn't budged in months! I use my 2 credit cards and pay them completely off every month. My bills are all on time what else can I do?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Re: CS not moving. What gives?

Are both cards reporting a $0 balance on your report?

If yes

Try to leave a small balance on 1 card between 1% - 9%. 

*8/10/13
Message 2 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

What are the negatives on your report?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 8
Freakshow77
Valued Member

I had bankruptcy one year ago
Message 4 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 8
WhiskersTheCat
Valued Member

I am in a similar situation.  I filed BK eight years ago, and I started monitoring my score two years ago.  My EQ is stuck at 714 and TU went from 707 to 711 during that two year period.  During these last two years I have paid back $50,000 in student loans and my scores won't budge. 

Message 6 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@WhiskersTheCat wrote:

I am in a similar situation.  I filed BK eight years ago, and I started monitoring my score two years ago.  My EQ is stuck at 714 and TU went from 707 to 711 during that two year period.  During these last two years I have paid back $50,000 in student loans and my scores won't budge. 

The higher your score the harder it is for bumps.  Once the BK is removed it will move up.

Message 7 of 8
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

You have not disclosed, do you have other late payments, charge offs, or collecitons?

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.