cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSC Credit Services using a different scale?

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: CSC Credit Services using a different scale?

I agree, Lel, most consumers have no idea at all what they are buying when they purchase a "credit score."   The only regulation on a true "credit score" under the FCRA is that it cannot include, as a scoring factor, items that are prohibited from being incuded in ones credit report, such as income, total debt, age, race, sex, marital status, shoe size, and breast enlargment size.  So when you get any score coming out of a CRA, regardless of the seller of the meat grinder that generaates the score from that data, if it iuses onljy data from  your credit report, it can be sold as a "credit score."

But what if I am Joe Lendor, INc. , and think that the FICO is not enough for my lending decisions.  I want to see total income, total debt, marital status, resiidency status, etc. I cant score that evaluation under the FCRA and call it a credit score, so guess what?   I just do it anyways and just dont call it a "credit score.  That is the game that goes on every day, and destoys consumer understandng of the entire credit evauation process.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 05-13-2008 10:05 AM

Message Edited by RobertEG on 05-13-2008 10:10 AM

Message Edited by RobertEG on 05-13-2008 10:16 AM
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.