Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calculating AAoA

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Calculating AAoA

Good info here! I think I'm going to do this to keep track of my accounts.  When it comes to scoring, are there certain AAoA points when scores will improve or go down? Like 2 years, 4 years, 6 ect... 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

SDFCU Secured - $5000 / TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 11 of 21
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

@masscredit - From what I have read I've heard of key barriers at 2, 5 and 15 years. Would welcome additional thoughts from the community.

Message 12 of 21
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

AAoA Issue - CRA Dispute?

So i added up all my accounts tonight and I'm getting an AAoA for all open/closed accounts of 2.8 years. However, Experian on CCT is showing 2.4 years.

What I think is driving it is my SDFCU secured card is on the report three times all with May 2015 open dates. One instance reflects "Open" and is reporting accurately. One instance reports "closed" and "card lost/stolen" as I never received the first card they sent me. The last instance shows "closed" and "fraud" because my card got an invalid charge on it and they sent me a new one. If I include the two closed instances of this card I get to about 2.3 years.

Do you think these are being reflected in my AAoA? If so, is it a valid dispute to get them removed?

I'm trying to make sure I keep my AAoA above 2 and I'd like to open another 1-2 accounts early next year. Thanks in advance!

Message 13 of 21
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

the 1.5yrs is coming from CK calculations, actually just pulled my report dated today...shows 2yrs 10months AAoA. on EQ which is what took a dip. 

I added 8 new CC within the last month. So it went down considerably.

All had already posted and my score had already taken it's dip of 20pts and rebounded 30pts. 

Thought I was in the clear but then I saw on CK that my EQ score took a nose dive 65 pts ....its said the reason was AAoA had dramatically decreased. 

It did list the other negative factors such as opening new accts recently but they were not listed as the fault...they were listed seperately.

My Fico still shows stable.....with all new accts now reporting. 

but I believe the original response was to someone stating that AAoA wouldn't impact your score significantly....it did mine so I posted.

Message 14 of 21
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

@cmikul... CK is a FAKO score. So no, AAoA did not impact your score, the 9!!! New accounts did Smiley Wink.

One large failing of CK is that it only takes open accounts into effect when calculating your AAoA. That is why you see such a spread between it and FICO. When a reporting algorithm mentions a "factor" it is not necessarily the root or majority driver of your score change.

It is basically the specific event that triggered FICO to update your score.

Don't get me wrong, I certainly value you sharing your own experience. I do agree with you that 2 years is an import by threshold. I would say it's more like a 5-10pt one however.

Message 15 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AAoA Issue - CRA Dispute?

@olehammer wrote:
So i added up all my accounts tonight and I'm getting an AAoA for all open/closed accounts of 2.8 years. However, Experian on CCT is showing 2.4 years.

What I think is driving it is my SDFCU secured card is on the report three times all with May 2015 open dates. One instance reflects "Open" and is reporting accurately. One instance reports "closed" and "card lost/stolen" as I never received the first card they sent me. The last instance shows "closed" and "fraud" because my card got an invalid charge on it and they sent me a new one. If I include the two closed instances of this card I get to about 2.3 years.

Do you think these are being reflected in my AAoA? Yes they are in your AAoA and there isnt anything illegal about it, all OC accounts open or closed are included in it. If so, is it a valid dispute to get them removed? I would not do a CRA dispute as there is no basis for such unless there is a material inaccuracy, but call the creditor and ask that they be removed, its their choice whether or not to grant the request.

I'm trying to make sure I keep my AAoA above 2 and I'd like to open another 1-2 accounts early next year. Thanks in advance!

Message 16 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AAoA Issue - CRA Dispute?

Hi there OP,

I have removed the duplicate thread that you had on this in RYC and I have merged the topic into this topic you already had rrunning on the subject of AAoA. Please refrain from cross posting the same topic in multi forums it can lead to confusion on the part of the members and is against our TOS. I thank you for your understanding on this. Have a great day Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 21
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6..

Thanks for merging and the comments. Given these three are really the same card it's frustrating that my report shows as 3 separate accounts. Is this standard practice for cards that are lost and/or flagged for fraud?

Based on your suggestion I'll be contacting the creditor to determine if they can remove the old versions of the account from reporting.

Message 18 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@olehammer wrote:

@gdale6..

Thanks for merging and the comments. Given these three are really the same card it's frustrating that my report shows as 3 separate accounts. Is this standard practice for cards that are lost and/or flagged for fraud?

Based on your suggestion I'll be contacting the creditor to determine if they can remove the old versions of the account from reporting.

Yup lost/stolens have typically been reported as such, there are some issuers now that remove the old account in its entirety but there is no law that dictates that they have to as it would be a factual record of the account.

Message 19 of 21
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

I called them today and they asked that I fax a copy of the credit report over and they would send a delete request. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.