Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Amex do this?????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can Amex do this?????

I had an account with Amex in 1990, the account was charged off. I received a score watch that my score went from 720 to 666.  After doing a through search I noticed 3 accounts for Amex on my credit report with one account showing 1,598 balance and then 0 amount due.  I have an Amex Blue and Amex Delta Skymiles.  Obviously this account is the culprit for my score being tanked.  Can Amex, put an account on my credit report that is 18 years old and that is past SOL as well past time frame of reporting. Would I have a leg to stand on if I dispute this account with AMEX or will it cause them to cancel both Blue and Delta Skymiles.  This 1,598 balance is the largest balance that is owed on my credit report.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can Amex do this?????

I'm trying to follow. You have an open acct now with amex for two cards in good standing, I guess.

This week, Amex decided to add an old CO from 1990. Who is reporting the $1598, the 1990 Amex? Exactly which field is the $1598 in? When you pulled each report, how does it read? Lates? CO mention?

Did anything happen to your other Amex cards?

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.