Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I dispute this? If so how?

tag
ktl55
Regular Contributor

Can I dispute this? If so how?

I have a current Blockbuster (used the card this weekend) account. 2 years ago we had a movie that they insisted that we never returned. I fought it, the store looked for it and never found it. So we were responsible. They charged us for the movie and it ended up on my credit report because at this point a collection agency took over. We paid the $29. It's reporting on my Exp CR only. Do I have any leg to stand on since I still have the same acct with BB? Would this be considered a late payment since the acct is still open? I didn't bother disputing this account because I wasn't sure how? I read numerous times that consumers have had late payments removed.

This is how it is listed:

United Compucred
Acct# xxx......
Original Creditor: Blockbuster Video
Date Opened: 07/2005
Reported Since: 02/2006
Date of Status: 04/2006
Last reported: 04/2006
Type: Collection
Monthly Payment: $0
Credit limit/original amount: $29
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I dispute this? If so how?

ktl55 wrote:
I have a current Blockbuster (used the card this weekend) account. 2 years ago we had a movie that they insisted that we never returned. I fought it, the store looked for it and never found it. So we were responsible. They charged us for the movie and it ended up on my credit report because at this point a collection agency took over. We paid the $29. It's reporting on my Exp CR only. Do I have any leg to stand on since I still have the same acct with BB? Would this be considered a late payment since the acct is still open? I didn't bother disputing this account because I wasn't sure how? I read numerous times that consumers have had late payments removed.

This is how it is listed:

United Compucred
Acct# xxx......
Original Creditor: Blockbuster Video
Date Opened: 07/2005
Reported Since: 02/2006
Date of Status: 04/2006
Last reported: 04/2006
Type: Collection
Monthly Payment: $0
Credit limit/original amount: $29

Call the CRA and ask them if you dispute the collection would they verify or just allow it to be deleted? Its 29.00 for goodness sake.
Message 2 of 6
ktl55
Regular Contributor

What be my reason for disputing it? I forgot to add to the original post that it's listed under status as:
paid, closed/collection account
Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Don't dispute it. Send a goodwill letter.
Message 4 of 6
ktl55
Regular Contributor

What is a goodwill letter?
Message 5 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Do a search. I posted one up recently.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.