cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I expect score jump when card ages to 1 year?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I expect score jump when card ages to 1 year?

In fact, because CRAs score the two lost versions of the card as separate accounts as well, in theory I have 3 cards that have their 1 year bday in Feb.  On top of which inquiry ages to 1 year as well. Can I expect a few points (say 10-20) for this?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Can I expect score jump when card ages to 1 year?

My Visa card turned 1 year last month and I saw no score change.  Perhaps when my auto loan turns 1 year in June I will see one.  I have also seen no change for INQs gojng to 1 yaer but I only have 1 or 2 of them.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I received my first CCs in years starting last August. In the early fall, one year after about 4-5 CCs first started reporting, I did see some unexplained increases of 10-15 points across each CRA. Figured it was the one year anniversary. Also, the red flag for new accounts opened w/in the past yr disappeared and my new credit went either from bad to not good or not good to good depending on the CRA.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:
I received my first CCs in years starting last August. In the early fall, one year after about 4-5 CCs first started reporting, I did see some unexplained increases of 10-15 points across each CRA. Figured it was the one year anniversary. Also, the red flag for new accounts opened w/in the past yr disappeared and my new credit went either from bad to not good or not good to good depending on the CRA.

Cool, thanks.  I'm hoping for some major boosts. All my scores are right around 700, for some reason Experian too even that is the only one with 'baddies' (two Bally's COs and a Paid Judgment)

By March 1 I'll have 2 inquiries hit 1 year and 4 cards (since they count the 2 Lost ones as 'New Accounts') dropping me from 7-8 to 3-4 New.

I'll also be going from 35% util to 1% and 9 of 12 to 1 of 12 reporting.

One Bally's auto drops off by then too.

Most likely I can get the other Bally and the judgment off too.

So between all of that I'm hoping for some major movement.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your improved util and lower number of accounts with balances will be a MUCH larger boost than having a few accounts hit the 1 year birthday.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.