cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get an 800 credit score before my 20th Birthday?

tag
Poppa
Established Contributor

Re: Can I get an 800 credit score before my 20th Birthday?

@Revelate wrote:

@Poppa wrote:
Yes my SSL is my youngest account and will be 1 year old January. All inquiries over 1 year old.

That's excellent!

If you wouldn't mind I'd be interested in seeing your open date of each tradeline from when you started to now but sounds like you built pretty much perfectly.

1. Dec-15 Capital One Secured (closed)

2. Feb-16 Discover it (closed)

3. Mar-16 Walmart

4. Apr-16 Slate (closed)

5. Apr-16 freedom

6. Nov-16 CSP (closed)

7. Dec-16 Amex BCP

8. Dec-16 Citi DC

9. Jan-17 Alliant SSL

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 21 of 74
Subexistence
Established Contributor

I guess I have nothing left to prove.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 22 of 74
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Subexistence wrote:

No, Poppa merely showed that you are on the right path. On the other portfolio of accounts, all the CC are a year or older. Last CC app was December 2016. You have four that are opened within the last year, and have not yet seasoned. Stay out of the new apps, let these age, and you should see your scores approaching 800 by next October. Your experience will provide a benchmark for others.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 23 of 74
Subexistence
Established Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Subexistence wrote:

No, Poppa merely showed that you are on the right path. On the other portfolio of accounts, all the CC are a year or older. Last CC app was December 2016. You have four that are opened within the last year, and have not yet seasoned. Stay out of the new apps, let these age, and you should see your scores approaching 800 by next October. Your experience will provide a benchmark for others.

I guess I'll see how soon before my 20th Birthday I can get it.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

History of my credit
Message 24 of 74
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Going to repeat this until I am blue in the face....

Credit is not a sprint, its a marathon...

Youve set yourself up... you need your credit to age... and mature.....

Garden and you will see the fruits of your labor but it takes TIME... yes time... impatient one....

Dont app for anything else, don't play games... and SIT TIGHT and pay your bills on time and AZEO.....

You haven't misstepped yet (other than trying to game pulls).....

Patience is a virtue you seem to be overlooking....

Still under the mindset that Rome was built in a day and trying to prove that the folks on here don't know what they are talking about...

Still under the Credit is a game mindset..... 

Really, should try to re-evaulate your situation, sit back, chill and let the garden grow..

Message 25 of 74
Gratitude
Regular Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Going to repeat this until I am blue in the face....

Credit is not a sprint, its a marathon...

Youve set yourself up... you need your credit to age... and mature.....

Garden and you will see the fruits of your labor but it takes TIME... yes time... impatient one....

Dont app for anything else, don't play games... and SIT TIGHT and pay your bills on time and AZEO.....

You haven't misstepped yet (other than trying to game pulls).....

Patience is a virtue you seem to be overlooking....

Still under the mindset that Rome was built in a day and trying to prove that the folks on here don't know what they are talking about...

Still under the Credit is a game mindset..... 

Really, should try to re-evaulate your situation, sit back, chill and let the garden grow..

...Pearls!  Hope you heard this young person. 

Amex Plat | Amex EDP $24,000 | Citi BestBuy Visa $11,000 | Chase Freedom $7500 | Discover IT $7500 | Amex BCE $5,000 | Merrick Bank Visa $2000 | Alliant SSL
Starting Score: Fico 8: EQ 721 TU 742 EX 736
Current Score: Fico 8: EQ 746 TU 764 EX 756
Goal Score: Fico 8: EQ 750+ TU 760 EX 750+

Message 26 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pearls for us old people too. Smiley Happy

I told myself I wasn't going to even think about my scores until mid January and lo and behold, they were still here waiting for me when I decided to check them. 

Message 27 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand the whole "credit is a marathon not a sprint" analogy, but that doesn't mean that people don't want their score to increase ASAP regardless.  The area of age of accounts obviously can't be sped up, which is really all the OP is waiting on, but I see nothing wrong with people wanting to hit a benchmark score by X time/date.  If nothing else, it provides data points for the next person in line.

Message 28 of 74
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand the whole "credit is a marathon not a sprint" analogy, but that doesn't mean that people don't want their score to increase ASAP regardless.  The area of age of accounts obviously can't be sped up, which is really all the OP is waiting on, but I see nothing wrong with people wanting to hit a benchmark score by X time/dare.  If nothing else, it provides data points for the next person in line.

With all due respect the OP is still under 21 in the US .. I do think both having their credit mature as well as not trying to rush it might avoid future pitfalls down the road... And theres something to be said about realistic goals and expectations.. Recall previous posts in the past that elicit to this.... From trying to game Cap One approvals by selectively freezing/locking/etc reports, to clawback of a donation to an org to open a Credit Union account, to currently claiming BBR is a scam..... And in the past, the op even mentioned income issues (trying to justify his clawback from Alliant for the org donation).... Goading the op for a datapoint ....don't think its in the ops best interest to continue in this manner but of course YCMV..... It appears as if someone is starting to get over his head.... and nothing but TIME is going to work in the ops favor at this time... 

Message 29 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

With all due respect the OP is still under 21 in the US .. I do think both having their credit mature as well as not trying to rush it might avoid future pitfalls down the road... And theres something to be said about realistic goals and expectations.. Recall previous posts in the past that elicit to this.... From trying to game Cap One approvals by selectively freezing/locking/etc reports, to clawback of a donation to an org to open a Credit Union account, to currently claiming BBR is a scam..... And in the past, the op even mentioned income issues (trying to justify his clawback from Alliant for the org donation).... Goading the op for a datapoint ....don't think its in the ops best interest to continue in this manner but of course YCMV..... It appears as if someone is starting to get over his head.... and nothing but TIME is going to work in the ops favor at this time... 

Right, and TIME is the exact [only] factor that the OP referenced... "...do you think by October 2018..." 

As far as realistic goals and expectations, I don't believe the score he is striving for is unrealistic.  Another member above already posted success in hitting an 800 score with an AAoA of 1.4 years, so if 2 years AAoA was believed to be the constraint here it very well may not be.  Had he said 850 was the goal, certainly that would be an unrealistic goal/expectation.  But, that's not the case.  You're definitely letting other threads from the OP influence your opinion on this (which is fine) but if you look at just his original post in this thread and what he's asking, it's a pretty straight forward inquiry on his part and doesn't suggest anything that should warrant us to tell him to slow down, not get in over his head, etc.  Just my opinion.

Message 30 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.