cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get this Medical Paid Collection off with 'Not Mine' (and if so how)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I get this Medical Paid Collection off with 'Not Mine' (and if so how)?

I have been through two rounds of disputes with the CRAs including for a Paid Collection.

Interestingly enough on the first round they said 'We have verified this account belongs to you, for questions contact (Name of Agency/Address/etc.)'

However on my TrueCredit AND MyFico reports the name/acct# only show up for Experian. On Equifax for TrueCredit it shows NO Creditor Name or Account # and on MyFico it shows a weird alphanumeric # for the Agency.

I'm wondering if I'm wasting my time doing a 'Not Mine'.

I asked the Dr. to please say this was reported in error, especially since I contacted him after I PIF to ask what his collection fees were and reimbursed him for them, but no luck as of yet.

What is the worst that can happen if I do a 'Not Mine' on this as it shows neither Creditor nor Agency name, i.e. if I play dumb?

If I do do this, can someone tell me how or provide a form letter, as the last time I used an attorney to do disputes for me.

Merci
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I get this Medical Paid Collection off with 'Not Mine' (and if so how)?

Disputing with the CRA's "Not mine" when they actually are and the CA has not been instructed by the OC to delete is IMO a waste of time as it will come back verified.

Sending a letter to the CA that "this account was sent to you in error" may do the trick. 
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.