Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I reinstate closed accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I reinstate closed accounts?

I have two CC's that were closed by creditors after having several consecutive 30 day lates. It's been over two years since they were closed and I have at least two years of on time payments(with every creditor). One card (Target Visa) is $35 from being paid off, the other still has $1000 (BoA) to go.

I'd hate to lose the length of this account. Since the lates will remain and affect my score regardless, it seems better to have this account added to my average length. Should I ask Target Visa to have the CC reinstated?

Anyone have any luck doing such a thing when the accounts were closed by creditors. I'm also considering the same thing for the Bank of America card when it is nearly paid off.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can I reinstate closed accounts?

clarrkkent wrote:
I have two CC's that were closed by creditors after having several consecutive 30 day lates. It's been over two years since they were closed and I have at least two years of on time payments(with every creditor). One card (Target Visa) is $35 from being paid off, the other still has $1000 (BoA) to go.

I'd hate to lose the length of this account. Since the lates will remain and affect my score regardless, it seems better to have this account added to my average length. Should I ask Target Visa to have the CC reinstated?

Anyone have any luck doing such a thing when the accounts were closed by creditors. I'm also considering the same thing for the Bank of America card when it is nearly paid off.

You bet. It never hurts to ask. See if they will remove the late payments as well!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I reinstate closed accounts?

Definitely if recent. They usually will pull your credit report again when you request to reinstate it.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.