Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can anybody throw some light on this?

tag
golo
Frequent Contributor

Can anybody throw some light on this?

Hi to all! I looked all over the boards and could find a understandable answer,so here is my question.Why do i have the same creditor reporting on my report twice? In one says 0 balance paid as agreed and in the other shows a neg? This is on EQ:

CitifinancXXXXXXXXXXXX22015/2006$030 days past dueThis account has late payments in the pastDetails
OtherCitifinancXXXXXXXXXXXX640011/2005$0Pays account as agreedNoDetails
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
GregB
Valued Contributor

Re: Can anybody throw some light on this?

Different account. Look at the account numbers.

If you are sure you only ever had one account with them then they changed the account at one time or are reporting another account under your name. 

Message 2 of 10
Quips
Regular Contributor

While the same creditor is reporting twice - they are for 2 different accounts judging by the different account numbers and open dates. CItifinancial backs a lot of small store credit offerings (i.e. Furniture stores, TV stores etc  and others that offer the 0% financing dealswe all take advantage of). If you can't figure out the 2 accounts, you may want to contact Citifinancial direct.

FICO: EQ 769, TU 762 , EX ???

Message 3 of 10
golo
Frequent Contributor

Contact Citifinancial or dispute with the CRAs?  I don't remember having 2 accounts with them.

Message 4 of 10
pakman92
Established Contributor

Could one of them be a closed account?  Even if the account is closed they stay on the Credit report.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 5 of 10
golo
Frequent Contributor

This is what it looks like on Myfico TU:

Collection on debt to: 01 Santander Financial Confin

The collection agency "Pr Acqs" was hired to collect a debt of $2,055 originally owed to "01 Santander Financial Confin" on account number "XXXXX9786".

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Original lender [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]Account descriptions [?]
Pr Acqs
$2,055
$2,055
Jun 22, 2007
01 Santander Financial Confin
XXXXX9786
Individual
Unpaid balance charged off
Collection on debt to: 12 Santander Financial

The collection agency "Pr Acqs" was hired to collect a debt of $2,441 originally owed to "12 Santander Financial" on account number"XXXXXXXX".

Collection agency [?]Original balance [?]Current balance [?]Date assigned [?]Original lender [?]Account number [?]Account holder [?]Account descriptions [?]
Pr Acqs
$2,441
$2,441
Jun 22, 2007
12 Santander Financial
XXXXXXXX
Individual
Placed for collection
Message 6 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I see two OC accounts reported, then a collection by PR Acs.

PR Acs reported a collection, listing Santander as the debt owner, so apparently Santander bought some debt, then assigned it to PR Acs without reporting it themselves.

The info provided does not identify the OC on the debt under collection.  Presumably, it is one of the OC accounts listed, but that is not specified.

If Santander never reported, the missing link as to what debt is now under collection is not stated.

The mystery as to whether you had two OC accounts, or only one, needs to be ironed out with the OC.

When you presumably received dunning notice from PR Acs, they were only required to provide the name of the current creditor, which apparently was stated to be Santander.

Dunning notice does not require identfication of the OC on the debt.  In situations such as yours, the DV rights under FDCPA 809(b) includes the provision that, as part of the DV request, the consumer can request the name of the OC.  As a step in sorting this all out, I would DV PR Acs, and include a request for the name of the OC.

Meanwhile, contact the OC about the two apparent duplicate accounts, and additionally ask them what debt was sold to Santander.

The info provided does not shed the light.

Message 7 of 10
golo
Frequent Contributor

Thank you for your response RobertEG,as far as remember,i dont even remember having any account with santander,must have been that they bought it from another lender.I already sent them a validation zombie debt hybrid letter couple of days ago.Im still waiting for their response,also I disputed it with the CRAs online already.Was that the right course of action? Should send a DV to Santander? I also have 2 more items in my report that seems like a double reporting scenerio.Citifinancial mark one with 0 balance pay as agreed and another one close charge off,I don't understand,I will put it up so y'all can see it.
Thanks in advance.
Message 8 of 10
golo
Frequent Contributor

Bump....

Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am not sure what you disputed with the CRAs, as you have several issues.

If it was the reporting of the two OC accounts, then that is one issue.  If you dont recall having two accounts with the OC, then a dispute would trigger an investigation, and verification back from the OC.  If that was the basis for the dispute, it should help to refresh either your records or theirs.

If you disputed the collections, that would seem a bit premature, as it is more of a puzzle that a clear issue of inaccurate reporting.  I would not know exactly what inaccuracy to dispute, and you can only dispute the actual reporting done by debt collector 2, so it gets no response from debt collector 1.

I would DV PR Acs, and include as part of that DV a request for the name of the OC. 

Since Santander is also a debt collector, you can additionally DV them, even though they have not reported. 

The only issue with the DV process is that it may not get things resolved quickly, as response to a DV has no time limit, even if timely.  But it will requre them to cease collection activities until they provide you information necessary to understand your obligation, and who it is to.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.