cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can discover still give free monthly FICO score on frozen TU report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can discover still give free monthly FICO score on frozen TU report?

As most of you already know, Discover card gives a free monthly FICO socre based on TU report. 

My qeustion is "what about if there is a security freeze on TU report, can discover still give the score?"

I've had the card for almost 5 months and since I got the card, they send me the same FICO score every month and it never changed. They send it once at the end of each month and they show the score and the date that the score was obtained on

It is very strange that the score never change for 5 months even though there were a lot of activities (new cards, new inquiries,etc)

I called Discover Fico department and they seem to have no clue on this issue. I have a feelin that this issue happens because of the freeze

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can discover still give free monthly FICO score on frozen TU report?

Current creditors can soft pull through freezes. It should be unaffected.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Current creditors can soft pull through freezes. It should be unaffected.

+1

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recevied the same score today for this month. Now it's been 6 months and I still get the same exact score and never changed. This is not right. 

Who should I call to report this issue? MyFico, Discover, or TU??

I already called Discover last month and that did not help

Message 4 of 6
IamB2
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just recevied the same score today for this month. Now it's been 6 months and I still get the same exact score and never changed. This is not right. 

Who should I call to report this issue? MyFico, Discover, or TU??

I already called Discover last month and that did not help

Your TU score you get from Discover is the same one as what you get on here if you were to purchase a TU score from here. So to make sure that the score is accurate, then you would need to purchase it on here. If they aren't the same, then you'd contact Discover and see what credit report they are pulling from to generate the score. But from what I have heard, Discover FICO is pretty spot on.

If they are the same, then it shows that the score simply hasn't changed.

Hope that helps.

FICO® EQ 717 (3/5/15); TU08 732 (3/5/15); EX: 723 (3/5/15) - Last app 3/15/15; Inquiries: A TON!

CITI ThankYou Preferred - CL: $2,000

Starting Scores: 590s on 12/2013. Hover over card image to view details! *After Amex approvals - [I was supposed to be] Gardening!*
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your TU score you get from Discover is the same one as what you get on here if you were to purchase a TU score from here. So to make sure that the score is accurate, then you would need to purchase it on here. If they aren't the same, then you'd contact Discover and see what credit report they are pulling from to generate the score. But from what I have heard, Discover FICO is pretty spot on.

If they are the same, then it shows that the score simply hasn't changed.

Hope that helps.

To buy a score on this site, I have to pay $10 to remove the freez and $19 for the score (total of $29). 

Can I buy the score while the freez is on place? I don't think so

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.