Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone help me with this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can someone help me with this?

Hey guy this is my situation I've been working on my score for about four years and it was looking good until one of my creditors made a mistake and reported me late on a payment in Jan. My score dropped 59 points. I called them and they acknowlegded that they made a mistake and would send a letter to the credit agencies and myself which they did. During that time my credit score increased 35 points for me using my credit card a little more then usual But they never made the correction for the mistake shouldn't I receive my old point back (59) plus the points I earned (35) for a total of 94 and how can I get this done.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Can someone help me with this?

PissedOff wrote:
Hey guy this is my situation I've been working on my score for about four years and it was looking good until one of my creditors made a mistake and reported me late on a payment in Jan. My score dropped 59 points. I called them and they acknowlegded that they made a mistake and would send a letter to the credit agencies and myself which they did. During that time my credit score increased 35 points for me using my credit card a little more then usual But they never made the correction for the mistake shouldn't I receive my old point back (59) plus the points I earned (35) for a total of 94 and how can I get this done.

MODS: Please move to correct forum.

Did you call and ask them why they did not remove? Do you remember who you talked to? Get anything in writing? You should always use a goodwill letter so you have a record on paper.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&message.id=2661

Also, just because you lost 59 pts, does not mean you will get 59 pts back as your report is not the same as it was in Jan. The good thing is your score will increase.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure that the correction wasn't made?  When was the last time you pulled a report.  Activity on a dormant card is just as likely to decrease as increase your score and this could be an offset.

T I think this is fine here as in genereal crediti ssues. seems like the OP just wants to know how FICO scoring works.

Message Edited by Brammy on 05-07-2007 05:47 PM
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

The thread was in forums feedback. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.