Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you pull your score too often?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you pull your score too often?

I know it is a soft pull but i think it was "Haulingthescoreup" who said something about a file splitting from too many soft pulls. Can anything else happen?

Also is myfico/12 still available? i tried searching the boards but did not find much.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Can you pull your score too often?

i believe myfico 12 is a different website altogether, i ended up there once by mistake.  i think it's www.myfico.com/12/home/aspx  (or google says...)

Message 2 of 19
marty56
Super Contributor

What are you trying to acomplish?  If you are waiting for a change to an account or your score to reach a certian value, using ScoreWatch would be a more cost effective way to acomplish what you want.  Remember it is the content of your credit report is what drives your scores so looking at changes to your report is what you really want to do.  Services like True Credit monitor changes to all your reports so I would check them out as well.

I wish Score Watch would monitor both EQ and TU scores, if ot did I would go back to it in a heartbeat.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 19
chasmith
Valued Contributor

A writer on "Life After Bankruptcy" recommends MyFico.com/12 to get a complete listing of reason codes applied to your score.

I get a "not found using www.myfico.com/12 but http://www.myfico.com/12/Home.aspx works.  I may try it next time I buy a MyFICO report just for grins.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marty56 wrote:

What are you trying to acomplish?  If you are waiting for a change to an account or your score to reach a certian value, using ScoreWatch would be a more cost effective way to acomplish what you want.  Remember it is the content of your credit report is what drives your scores so looking at changes to your report is what you really want to do.  Services like True Credit monitor changes to all your reports so I would check them out as well.

I wish Score Watch would monitor both EQ and TU scores, if ot did I would go back to it in a heartbeat.

i was just saying it in regards to myfico. I was curious b/c i have pulled my scores 5 times in the last month since I was wanting to see if i could notice anything strange anytime my score changed.

Message 5 of 19
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

I think it was llecs or fused who pointed out recently that if you go to the 12 site, browser cookies are stored, so you had to clear your cache to use the standard site again. In my case I plan using another browser for the 12 site.

Message 6 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

There's no problem with frequent pulling, other than the possiblity (remote --it usually takes months and months of frequent pulling) of a file split. And that occurs because of soft inquiries, as opposed specifically to buying scores.

Lots of forum members pull frequently when they're in the early rocking and rolling stages of paying down util and seeing the changes. Back when we could pull all three scores, a lot of us were going nuts with it.

I'd say that the only damage of frequent score purchases would be to your credit card statement at the end of the month. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 19
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

I don't know the basics of file splits, but while reading Credit Scores & Credit Reports by Evan Hendricks a few weks ago, I noted that a file split could increase the chance of id theft. (The book also mentions that credit card offers could do likewise due to all the credit checking, so I opted out.)

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

cool thanks for clarifying!

Message 9 of 19
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

If you are trying to get the /12 scores, you don't need to use the unique URL last I checked.  Just use the direct links:

Standard scores (both):

https://www.myfico.com/Store/Recommends.aspx?Product=10001+1&Check=False

Myfico/12 scores (both):

https://www.myfico.com/Store/Recommends.aspx?Product=13001+3001&Check=False

Note, you are just changing the product codes for each.  This has worked for me previously and I don't have any reason to believe it has changed.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.