Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceled 3 Credit Bureau Monitoring

tag
mato01
Regular Contributor

Re: Canceled 3 Credit Bureau Monitoring

That was why I cancelled. I had always gotten a MyFico 08 score from capital one for denials/approvals, etc per my letters.

However, this last couple times they denied me they gave me a score no where near the score here on MyFico.

The last time they denied me they said that my score was too low at at Equifax  information service score of 596. However on the same date of their pull, the score here on Myfico was 650. How do you deal with those kind of discrepancies? How do you know when too pull the trigger?

I was floored, not so much for the denial, but because they seemed to just switch what score they used, so they could give me some sort of explanation.

Or, is that my true score for Equifax , and the MyFico Score is wrong.

Who knows. I certainly do not.

In the Garden until 6/1/2016
Mar 2014: All Scores in the 520 range.
FEB 2016: myFICO: EQ 660, TU 682 EX 681
Message 11 of 15
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@mato01 wrote:

That was why I cancelled. I had always gotten a MyFico 08 score from capital one for denials/approvals, etc per my letters.

However, this last couple times they denied me they gave me a score no where near the score here on MyFico.

The last time they denied me they said that my score was too low at at Equifax  information service score of 596. However on the same date of their pull, the score here on Myfico was 650. How do you deal with those kind of discrepancies? How do you know when too pull the trigger?

I was floored, not so much for the denial, but because they seemed to just switch what score they used, so they could give me some sort of explanation.

Or, is that my true score for Equifax , and the MyFico Score is wrong.

Who knows. I certainly do not.

I'm having the same issue with Cap1 and these scores.Smiley Frustrated

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 12 of 15
jbee
Regular Contributor

3/1/10: TU: 615, EQ: 640, EX: ???
6/8/10 (LO pulled): TU: 704, EQ: 689, EX: 694
Goal Score by Oct. 1: TU: 750, EQ: 750, EX: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 15
NRB525
Super Contributor

I'm still in my first month of the 3-bureau monitoring, and I think I'll be continuing the subscription for quite a while. A year from now I may reach a point of saturation, but will see how 2015 goes.

In the mix of items available from the 3-bureau monitoring, there is the Score Analysis, that outlines the biggest hitters both positive and negative.

There is the FICO Score Simulator which takes your latest 3-report view to project what key actions can impact the score going forward.

With oher sources, such as CCC statements starting to offer the FICO scores, that does seem to look like a freebee option. I still find it interesting (at a dollar a day) to see some of the triggers as they happen.

One thing the monitoring does do, it provides triggers for the regular "My score crashed" posts to this "Understanding FICO Scoring" Board, so it does generate board traffic Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

I'm still in my first month of the 3-bureau monitoring, and I think I'll be continuing the subscription for quite a while. A year from now I may reach a point of saturation, but will see how 2015 goes.

In the mix of items available from the 3-bureau monitoring, there is the Score Analysis, that outlines the biggest hitters both positive and negative.

There is the FICO Score Simulator which takes your latest 3-report view to project what key actions can impact the score going forward.

With oher sources, such as CCC statements starting to offer the FICO scores, that does seem to look like a freebee option. I still find it interesting (at a dollar a day) to see some of the triggers as they happen.

One thing the monitoring does do, it provides triggers for the regular "My score crashed" posts to this "Understanding FICO Scoring" Board, so it does generate board traffic Smiley Happy

The 3-Bureau report only updates once a year, so if you are using the simulator and you have some changes/improvements 2 or 3 months later the simulator will be wrong and it is not worth the money to repurchase the reports every month or 2.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.