Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Credit Check Total

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cancelling Credit Check Total

So I signed up for the trial for a dollar a few days ago and got the info I needed. Now I want to cancel, but I'm having a frustrating time doing so. 

The automated message constantly halts me at my birthday. I've repeated it and typed it multiple times without it going through and then when they try to transfer me to a representative, I'm always stopped because they are experiencing a high volume of customers.

I tried emailing their help desk and no dice so far. Is there a better method or time of day I should watch out for when trying to cancel them? Thanks in advanced.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cancelling Credit Check Total

Make sure when you put in your birthday you are putting in the entire year, such as "1985" not just "85" or it won't work.  I know a lot of people have stumbled on that in the past.  Use the xx-xx-xxxx format.

I think I've only had trouble once ever cancelling via the automated system and I've probably cancelled 30 times.  The one time was quick and painless with a CS agent (despite the rough accent) and only took 2 minutes or so.

Also as a side note, I have forgotten to cancel my trial membership twice and was billed the $29 or whatever for a "real" membership and both times I called CS, spoke to someone on the phone and blamed their automated cancellation system and both times they promptly refunded my card and cancelled my membership without any hard time at all.

Another thing I recommend is emailing help @ creditchecktotal dot com and cancelling that way as well.  I've done this in the middle of the night when I reach the automated system "after hours."  In your email simply state all of the info asked when you use the automated system... last 4 of your SS#, zip code, DOB and say you aren't interested in a half price membership going forward.  This way you have a time stamp on the email you send, so even if they don't cancel your membership when you speak to CS they can reference that email.

Message 2 of 10
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Old post but hope to get some insight. I have an Experian credit works. And I'm also subscribed for the free trial on credit check total. I called to cancel it from the number on the website and it says thanks for calling Experian. I'm like how is this possible I didn't call Experian. Anyways I proceeded to unsubscribe from the $1 trial I suppose. Afterwards I received an email saying my trial was canceled and I'll continue using the free membership on march 1st. I'm confused. I also send an ail to cancel. I wasn't trying to cancel my credit works just credit check total. What happened? This number is the number I called 1-866-506-7894
Message 3 of 10
arkane
Established Contributor

The $1 CCT trial membership is actually good for 10 days. When you call in to cancel, you'll receive an email confirming it's been cancelled, but will say something to the effect of "...your trial membership is valid through [the 10th day]". On the 11th day, when you log into your CCT account it'll update the status to reflect cancellation, and at the same time you should be eligible for the $1 trial again.

P.S. Make sure you use your second pull on your last day to get another 3B FICO score.

P.P.S. To avoid any unexpected surprises in the future, use a prepaid gift card that only has $1 left on it for CCT. Even if the cancellation doesn't go through for some reason they'll likely cancel it for you once they realize they can't charge the card anymore.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 4 of 10
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Hello Jessica,
You have successfully switched your Experian CreditWorks Premium membership.
Your Experian CreditWorks Premium membership benefits will continue until Wednesday, February 28, 2018. Beginning Thursday, March 01, 2018 your new free benefits will begin.
Thank you and we look forward to continuing to help you with your credit needs.
Sincerely,
Your Experian Team

Is the email I got... But this isn't what I was trying to do. I was trying to cancel my credit check total. Either cct and credit works are linked and canceling one means canceling both. Or something else was supposed to be done maybe I called the wrong number although it's the one on cct website. That's the only part I'm confused about.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's 2 different products, both by Experian.  You called to cancel one, but they made a change to the other.  You're going to need to contact them about that to make things right.  As of now, CCT is not cancelled in their eyes.  Definitely send an email requesting the cancellation, as that will be time-stamped with the date/time that you're making the request, so you have recourse if somehow you pass the 7 day trial deadline.

Message 6 of 10
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

After an hour and twenty minute wait I got thru and cancelled.
Message 7 of 10
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

What do you mean second pull on last day to receive 3 more? How so?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

On the first screen after logging in look to the lower right corner and you'll see "3 Bureau Refresh Available."  This lingo will be present from Day 7 through Day 10, meaning during that 4 day span you can pull your 3B scores/reports 1 more time whenever you choose.

Message 9 of 10
Newbie2018
Frequent Contributor

Wow! That's cool, thank you for that info.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.