cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One Important Disclosures EQ "Score" vs, EQ "Fico" Score..

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Cap One Important Disclosures EQ "Score" vs, EQ "Fico" Score..

So, I went to Equifax today and paid for my "Fico" score, the actual option that said I wanted to buy my "fico" score (I did not purchase the Eqifax Credit Score) and it said my score was 692 today.

When i applied for a Cap One Card in June, I see in the important disclosures (I kept the actual papers) that they used Equifax and my score in June was 687.

It said the score range was 334-818

When I pulled my EQ score on this site, today, it said that my score was 661

I can only assume that the "fico" I pulled today of 692 is not the same scoring model that cap one uses ?

Bascially, I am just trying to figure out in my head if the equifax score cap one got on me the other day when I applied, last week, will be higher or lower then 692, that I got today?

I am HOPING that cap one did not see the score of 661, that I got today.

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Barneygirl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cap One Important Disclosures EQ "Score" vs, EQ "Fico" Score..

@Andy77 wrote:

So, I went to Equifax today and paid for my "Fico" score, the actual option that said I wanted to buy my "fico" score (I did not purchase the Eqifax Credit Score) and it said my score was 692 today.

When i applied for a Cap One Card in June, I see in the important disclosures (I kept the actual papers) that they used Equifax and my score in June was 687.

It said the score range was 334-818

When I pulled my EQ score on this site, today, it said that my score was 661

I can only assume that the "fico" I pulled today of 692 is not the same scoring model that cap one uses ?

Bascially, I am just trying to figure out in my head if the equifax score cap one got on me the other day when I applied, last week, will be higher or lower then 692, that I got today?

I am HOPING that cap one did not see the score of 661, that I got today.

Thank you

Not 100% sure, but my Cap One FICO score has always matched the EQ Score Power (FICO score purchased on EQ site) score.

Current FICO Scores: EQ749; TU732; EX733
Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap One Important Disclosures EQ "Score" vs, EQ "Fico" Score..

That score range from Cap 1 matches EQ Beacon 5.0 which is the same score which Equifax currently uses on their FICO score product.  +1 Barneygirl

The one here is a newer Beacon 9 model (A FICO 8 version, not to be confused with the awkwardly named FICO 9).

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.