Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap One and the Utilization Factor

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Cap One and the Utilization Factor

Well at least the first half of the equation is working. I pulled all three reports from myfico and the % of utilization is figured on my high limit on the Cap One account. I have subsequently paid off this and my other revolving debt. I guess I'll see if my utilization problem comes off the reports. It had been one of the negatives bringing my score down. That should no longer be the case. But ya never know do ya?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap One and the Utilization Factor

Good luck!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

good luck.  But don't get upset if the available credit is still listed as a negative factor. Im down to 10% and it isstill  being stated as a negative factor. I think it is because it can't find anything else to put in that section.
Message 3 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Available credit was actually low to begin with. I was utilizing too much of it. 0% utilization can no longer be a negative factor can it? I am sure the quick payoff will not result in a higher score. But I am tired of feeding the monster.
Message 4 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

smallfry wrote:
Available credit was actually low to begin with. I was utilizing too much of it. 0% utilization can no longer be a negative factor can it? I am sure the quick payoff will not result in a higher score. But I am tired of feeding the monster.

Actually it can as 1-9% is ideal.
Message 5 of 6
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Tuscani wrote:

@smallfry wrote:

Actually it can as 1-9% is ideal.

Knew you would say that so I kept it above 1% and well below 9%. The myfico charges helped a bit this week. So I do have a few pennies on the card now.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.