Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap one removed lates, I think.

tag
morganirish
Regular Contributor

Cap one removed lates, I think.

I got a SW alert that my score went up.  I checked it went from 720 to 746.  So I pulled the report and there are no lates reporting on capital one.  But it also reports in the balance section $0.  My last statement balance was $7.50.  I just got a TU report on 12/16 and there was nothing new.  Could this just be an error on Cap one's part?  Or EQ?  Can they report the lates at a later date?  There were 3 30 day lates from 2007. 
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
morganirish
Regular Contributor

Re: Cap one removed lates, I think.

Does anyone think that the lates will show up again on my EQ report?  They are still reporting on TU report.
Message 2 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!

Is everything OK with CapOne right now? Did you do anything to CapOne to get them to report $0 or to remove the lates? Dispute? GW? Fluke?

They can report the lates at a later date if they report accurately. I've had lates removed early, but not 5 yrs early. I'd frequently check EX and TU to see if there's a change there too.

Message 3 of 11
morganirish
Regular Contributor

It has been a long while since I sent them a GW.  They refused to remove the lates but then gave me a cli of 2000. Everything on TU is the same, not sure about EX.  I think it could very well be a fluke on cap one's part,  But (I posted on the fico product feedback forum as well )  the EQ report looked different.  The "how lenders see you" tab was missing.  So I am wondering if it is indeed a cap one fluke or EQ fluke, I mean, wouldn't it be nice if they just graciously removed the lates? But somehow I am waiting for the lates to reappear.  I just hope my score doesn't drop lower than it was before the lates "disappeared."

Message 4 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

That tab is solely a myFICO report issue and has nothing to do with EQ or, more importantly, what's reporting on EQ. I pulled a new EQ report yesterday and noticed the same thing. I'd ignore that.

It isn't likely they'd re-add the lates. I've had stuff come off up to two years early and never reappeared.

Message 5 of 11
morganirish
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I guess I will just enjoy the new score, even if it may be only temporary.   It would be so very nice if it came of TU, too.  Since that is the report my credit union pulls. 

I know the Ex score is not available but can I get just the report somewhere?

Message 6 of 11
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

morganirish wrote:

Thanks. I guess I will just enjoy the new score, even if it may be only temporary.   It would be so very nice if it came of TU, too.  Since that is the report my credit union pulls. 

You can your Experian credit report for free once a year at annualcreditreport.com.

Message 7 of 11
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@morganirish wrote:

I've gotten my Experian report free at Quizzle. I just don't buy any of their products.
Message 8 of 11
demo18c
Contributor

If you have USAA or AMEX they both offer daily pullers on all three. Truecredit offers a pull every 30 days on all three but only TU daily...

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 11
morganirish
Regular Contributor

I checked tu and experian they are both reporting the lates.  My best guess is Eq will report it again in the future. 
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.