Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cap1 account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 account

Hello,

I paid off a credit card that had gone into collections. The payoff was in August. This was by far my largest revolving balance -over 5k. My open credit lines total only $500 combined.

Earlier this month I got an alert that my equifax score had changed. UT had to be the payoff....my score went up 60 points due to reducing my revolving balances. From TU and ecperian....nothing.

I went to ecperian and disputed the account, but when I went to TU to do the same it wasn't there at all, as if it had been deleted entirely. If that's the case, why is myfico telling to pay down my 5k+ balance to improve TU score? Is it possible that myfico just hasn't been updated for some reason by TU?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cap1 account

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello,

I paid off a credit card that had gone into collections. The payoff was in August. This was by far my largest revolving balance -over 5k. My open credit lines total only $500 combined.

Earlier this month I got an alert that my equifax score had changed. UT had to be the payoff....my score went up 60 points due to reducing my revolving balances. From TU and ecperian....nothing.

I went to ecperian and disputed the account, but when I went to TU to do the same it wasn't there at all, as if it had been deleted entirely. If that's the case, why is myfico telling to pay down my 5k+ balance to improve TU score? Is it possible that myfico just hasn't been updated for some reason by TU?

Maybe, there's some caching to my knowledge which goes on between myFICO and the bureaus, but short of pulling a TU report from here it'd be difficult to track down... and it's probably not worth $20 to do that.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.