Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapOne reports outdated info same month

tag
poet
Regular Contributor

CapOne reports outdated info same month

Okay, I usually pay down all my cards to $0 each month, a few days after the first. Cap One reported the OLD balance on the 16th. No wonder my credit score isn't going anywhere, despite a pattern of such responsibility for over a year now!!! I'm pretty well fed up with the creative date-moving, crediting payments whenever, and etc.

Starting Score: 550
Current Score: 673 EQ, 681 TU, 650 EX
Goal Score: 720

Update April 1: TU 615/EQ624
Update June 28: TU 641/EQ 626
Update Sept 21: TU 681, EQ 673, EX 650 (FAKO)
I FINALLY got that car at the rate I wanted! Thanks, FICO Forums!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: CapOne reports outdated info same month

I took a lot of trouble to find out when each of my CCs reported what and to whom, and how long it took for a payment to get to them and be posted to my account.

And I still don't always get it right (Juniper reported a day early this month)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

poet, welcome to the forum.

It's a chore to be sure, and at first it drove me crazy too. Over a 2 month time, I got the procedure right.....

My Cap1 cards report at or around the 16th of each month. I pif the cards around the 10th. And do not use them at all until after the 16th, by a couple or 3 days.

This results in no interest charges, which is VERY important to me as I am at the default interest rate of 29.34% due to many lates more than 2 years ago.

As M.V. said, it's a chore to find out when a cc reports to the CRA's but worth it.

The side benefit is higher FICO scores. Which is always good. Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

In December, Discover updated twice, once on the 18th, which it always does, and then inexplicably on the 28th. $0 balance on the 18th, $731 (5% util) on the 28th. I called 2 weeks ago and asked ever-so-politely WTH, and they were baffled. I just got a letter from them the other day, and they still don't know what happened, but they updated all three CRS's again, and they somehow even got TU to report.

Good heavens, good customer service!!! Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eeeekkkkk! Reporting to the CRA's 2 times a month? Oh! That would drive me nutty trying to figure that out!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Speaking of TU, nothing, absolutely nothing has updated on TU for over two months...
Message 6 of 8
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

ObsessedwithmyFico wrote:
Speaking of TU, nothing, absolutely nothing has updated on TU for over two months...

I opened a new account that was posted to TU about 3 weeks ago.  But nothing else much has updated since late december
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU Updating is weird. I have TrueCredit.com as well as MyFico. TC showed three new accounts over the course of about two weeks, MyFico, even when I paid to update, has not shown anything but the first. Not sure how that works, since it is the same CRA>..
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.