cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One AU not on EXP, but on EQ & TU

tag
Regular Contributor

Capital One AU not on EXP, but on EQ & TU

My husband has been an authorized user on my Capital One card for years and I just noticed that my account is showing on his EQ & TU but not EXP. Is there anyway to get them reporting on EXP as well?

TIA!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Capital One AU not on EXP, but on EQ & TU

You can also try calling Cap One and asking them if they report the AU card to all three. (They'll say yes, of course.) Then ask them how exactly his name and address are spelled on the reporting to EX. It's possible that they did something dumb like leave out an initial or something.

Check the demographics section on his EX report to see how many variants of his name and address are showing there.

That's the most likely problem. I've been AU on others' cards, and other people have been AU's on mine, and everything has always reported to all three bureaus. HTH
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

I believe, from experiance, that AU accounts are reported based on addresses and maybe last names as well. They both have to match. I realize, that he is your husband. But does he have any other cards with the same mailing address? If so, the CRAs have his address in file and it will obviously match yours and they should report.

Heres my guess on how legitimate AUs are considered and others weeded out.

1) Normally, when one applies for a new credit card and gets approved,  the CCC reports the information to the CRAs and the CRAs will update (add) the applicants address in their database.

2) But when, an AU account is added, the CRAs check their database and if the address of the ORIGINAL cardholder (which is you) does not match the address of the AU (your husband, they will not report.

Again, its only a guess.

Also, my brother added me on to his BOA and it is not showing on any. I went online on Exprian and bought their stupid Vantagescore with my brothers address and the next day the AU aacount showed up on my Experian. You could give it a shot I suppose.

Message 2 of 6
Regular Contributor

@nothingman02 wrote:

I believe, from experiance, that AU accounts are reported based on addresses and maybe last names as well. They both have to match. I realize, that he is your husband. But does he have any other cards with the same mailing address? If so, the CRAs have his address in file and it will obviously match yours and they should report.

Heres my guess on how legitimate AUs are considered and others weeded out.

1) Normally, when one applies for a new credit card and gets approved,  the CCC reports the information to the CRAs and the CRAs will update (add) the applicants address in their database.

2) But when, an AU account is added, the CRAs check their database and if the address of the ORIGINAL cardholder (which is you) does not match the address of the AU (your husband, they will not report.

Again, its only a guess.

Also, my brother added me on to his BOA and it is not showing on any. I went online on Exprian and bought their stupid Vantagescore with my brothers address and the next day the AU aacount showed up on my Experian. You could give it a shot I suppose.

Thank you for responding. Our last names and addresses match on all three CRA's. My husband actually has his own Capital One card that is reporting to all three CRA's. And my Capital One card is reporting to TU & EQ just not EX. Ah well I guess there is nothing we can do about it. Just thought I would ask.

Message 3 of 6
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Sorry. I tried. I can't think of anything really. Doesn't make sense to me why 'capital one' is not reporting to EXP. But anyways, as you are okay with it. I'd still give them one call though just to understand why/not.
Message 4 of 6
Regular Contributor

Thanks! I'll do that and see what they say.
Message 5 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You can also try calling Cap One and asking them if they report the AU card to all three. (They'll say yes, of course.) Then ask them how exactly his name and address are spelled on the reporting to EX. It's possible that they did something dumb like leave out an initial or something.

Check the demographics section on his EX report to see how many variants of his name and address are showing there.

That's the most likely problem. I've been AU on others' cards, and other people have been AU's on mine, and everything has always reported to all three bureaus. HTH
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.