Bad_Credit_Rising

Capital One card and my score

The only revolving item on my report is my Capital One card. Currently it has $500/$750 on it. I plan on paying it down to next to nothing here shortly. Do you think by doing this it will make much or any difference in my credit scores?

Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe

Re: Capital One card and my score

Bad_Credit_Rising wrote:

The only revolving item on my report is my Capital One card. Currently it has $500/$750 on it. I plan on paying it down to next to nothing here shortly. Do you think by doing this it will make much or any difference in my credit scores?

Considering it is your only revolving item, it definitely will! However, don't expect a 50+ jump in your scores, especially if you already have baddies on your report. Your FICO will round out a lot better once you have 2-3 revolving credit lines and at least 1 installment loan. Don't feel pressured to jump on those right away, though. Slow and steady wins the race!

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

FICOS: EX 744 EQ 706 TU 733 Credit Karma (TU) 785 Transrisk 808/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 764 Credit.com (EX) 764 VantageScore 3.0 719 Quizzle (EQ) 721
Bad_Credit_Rising

I have the Capital One card and also my mortgage and a student loan that will be coming off forebearance in May. According to my last credit report(experien I think) The only baddies I have are my BK from Apr. 2005 and a small collection from Verizon wireless and thats only like a 50.00 one. I have I think 2 inquiries in the last 2+ yrs. 

My credit was terrible, like the low 500's but now is up to 680 as of a few days ago!

Contributor
Sitori

I just paid mine off from 300 to zero and my score went up 20 points. It will definitely affect it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}