dparulis

Car Loan and student loans no other debt, need to raise score 10 points.

I need to have a 10 pt increase ASAP. I'm currently hovering around 650. I currently paid of all of my debt and I do have some old charge offs that still show late payments that were about 6 years ago And have been completely paid off for years. My question is if I call these companies and they either remove the account from the credit report or remove the late payments do you think that can be enough to get the 10 pt increase I need? Thanks

guiness56

Re: Car Loan and student loans no other debt, need to raise score 10 points.

30 and 60 day lates really don't impact your score much after 2 years.  90+ day lates are major derogatories and can impact your score for almost 7 years. 

If these accounts are your older accounts and you have them deleted, it could improve your score but tank your AAoA.

Personally, I would rather have a clean report with a shorter history than an older history with negatives.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}