Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Car Loan with FICO Score of 555 - what are my options?

Jack, thanks for your thoughts too.  I have yet to get an estimate and because of your feedback, I stopped by my mechanic this afternoon and have set up an appointment for him to look at it and give me an estimate (which he will not charge me for or do any work until I authorize it).

Thanks again, and who knows, perhaps I can get another 8-9 months out of this car and get it paid off (I only have 9 payments left).

Re: Car Loan with FICO Score of 555 - what are my options?

Most larger banks and many credit unions will not want to a customer with your fico. There are subprime ones such as roadloans that  might extend credit as long as you do not have a repo, bk, or forclosures. If a subprime lender declines you. You could always go to a dealership that funds it's own loans, ie. "we wright our own loans and do bad credit". I don't mean to be overly negative...... rather I'm trying to let you know the options available to you. I have been in your position. I have a charged off auto loan on my credit. I have a car that has a loan on it in someone else's name. I make the payments but was looking for a loan to payoff that person's loan. Roadloans and a few other subprime lenders turned me down (at the time my fico was 608). So I went to a used car dealership that funds their own loans and talked them into financing it for me.

Car Loan with FICO Score of 555 - what are my options?

Thanks for another perspective.  Good news to report.  I stopped by my mechanic to talk about an estimate and he's going to look over the things I'm concerned about with my current vehicle for free, give me the estimate and let me make the call as I see fit.  I drop the car off for the day on Friday and I'll see where I stand after I get the info back from him.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.