Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cc company's fico version

tag
Mrjstics
Valued Member

Cc company's fico version

What fico system do most cc issuers use? How can we compare myfico if lenders use different score models?
Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Business: Cap One Sparks(1500)
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Cc company's fico version

@johnstics wrote:
What fico system do most cc issuers use? How can we compare myfico if lenders use different score models?

In my experience FICO '08 or FICO '08 Bankcard Enhanced.

That said, it's difficult for any direct comparison unless the lender explicitly states which version they're using (or the score range identifies it as the Bankcard Enhanced industry option... that's an easy one).  With many of the scores having normalized ranges now, it doesn't become easy to track unless you happen to have monitoring of a specific score and it matches uniquely over several individuals (one or even 2 could just be blind luck)... and worse, lenders can change the version they use easily without telling anyone and then we start over from zero again for comparisons.

End of the day I wouldn't obsess over one's FICO scores unless you happen to know explicitly that a particular one will be used (like EQ '04 for a conventional mortgage, thanks GSE's!) and focus on the report instead.  Trying to compare scores is an exercise in fustruation, so put as much lipstick as possible on your report such that it results in a kissable score regardless of algorithm chosen.

        
Message 2 of 4
Mrjstics
Valued Member

okay if I go by the my fico score from all three bureaus I can least have an idea of what my scores are while focusing on Improving my report.  

Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Business: Cap One Sparks(1500)
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@johnstics wrote:

okay if I go by the my fico score from all three bureaus I can least have an idea of what my scores are while focusing on Improving my report.  

Yup, I basically pulled what I could (EQ / TU back then and a lender provided EX score of unknowable version) and then pull around the New Year annually for my longterm benchmarking.  

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.